Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen Worktops

Options
  • 06-04-2015 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

I'm now looking at kitchen worktops. I appreciate that granite is perhaps the most popular surface in the kitchen today, especially if you do much baking. But it is expensive!

One of the worktops I'm looking at at present is duropal. There seems to be an awful lack of indepenent reviews out there so I'm asking has anyone used it in therir kitchen and from a cooking/baking point of view what do you think of it?

Yes I know it is a man made product but it does seem to offer benefits which other man made products don't

I never appreciated it before but building a kitchen from scratch is quite a detailed undertaking and not only have worktops got to be servicable but they've got to look the part as well

As always thanks for any advice

Kein

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

kah22 wrote: »
    I'm now looking at kitchen worktops. I appreciate that granite is perhaps the most popular surface in the kitchen today, especially if you do much baking. But it is expensive!

One of the worktops I'm looking at at present is duropal. There seems to be an awful lack of indepenent reviews out there so I'm asking has anyone used it in therir kitchen and from a cooking/baking point of view what do you think of it?

Yes I know it is a man made product but it does seem to offer benefits which other man made products don't

I never appreciated it before but building a kitchen from scratch is quite a detailed undertaking and not only have worktops got to be servicable but they've got to look the part as well

As always thanks for any advice

Kein
    Duropal, Resopal, Formica, etc, are very much the industry standard when it come to domestic kitchen worktops.

Like all products, the cost will be reflected of the quality and the application you require it for.

If you are into baking, do not discount stainless steel.

Advertisement