Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dakar 2016

• 02-01-2016 9:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭

Today marks the start of the 2016 Dakar, no existing thread so I thought I'd better start one for all the fans.
    My main interest is the two wheeled side of things but I really enjoy the whole Dakar Cars and Trucks included (Quads as well!)
    Robby Gordon has two Gordini in the running this year which may help him finish, his teammate is 18 year old Sheldon Creed.
    Last years winner Nasser Al-Attiyah will be strong again in an X-raid but will face Sebastian Loeb in a Peugeot which will add some spice to the competition
    Also running in a Mini X-raid will be former bike champion Nani Roma and Harry Hunt
    Funnily enough there is no #1 Plate on a bike this year as Cyril Despres has gone to 4 wheels and likewise Marc Coma.
    This is a great race to watch, the varied terrain and fantastic scenery always make for good viewing and you will always get crazy stuff like last years stage through the flooded salt lake which saw many machines fail due to brine getting into the electrics.

Anyone else following it this year?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Not off to a good start :(

Stage 1 cancelled due to weather and injured spectators.

STAGE 2 - CARS RESULTS
    1. S. Loeb
    2. S. Peterhansel +2'23"
    3. V. Vasilyev +2'38"

Good achievement by Loeb on his first Dakar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Is this only on euro sport or some where eles. I use to love looking at this. I haven't had time this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Eurosport at 1030pm not sure if its 1 or 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Leob is going well. He is some driver. I didn't see the bikes do you know who is leading

Barreda Bort is leading as of today.

Bikes
    Bort HRC 1st
    Svitko KTM 2nd
    Benavides HRC 3rd.

Cars

Loeb Pug 1st
    De Villiers Toyota 2nd
    Peterhansel Pug 3rd

Quads
    Casale Yam 1st
    Baragawanath Yam 2nd
    Medeiros Yam 3rd

Trucks

Stacey MAN 1st
    Versluis MAN 2nd
    Villagra Iveco 3rd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Really not going well for this years dakar. Bad accident yesterday (from what i understand). Driver hit a bump ( similar to a speed bump) on a straight dirt track which lifted the back wheels and sent her into the crowd.

Edit: twas the 4th from wat i can tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

In the cars, Loeb's lead of 8 minutes plus is gone. He got two punctures and a throttle problem limiting to 80kph. He's now in second, 27 seconds or so behind Peterhansel. Sainz third. Peugeot 1-2-3. Bini in fourth, 15 minutes down. Not bad for a 2WD diesel......

No interest in the bikes or quads, but them trucks are crazy for both the speed and ability to take the rough at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Loab back in the lead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭afatbollix

I think thats Loab who has had a bit of a off!

374603.jpg

Dune stages today, maybe he isn't used to the big dunes?

• Advertisement

Race neutralised from CP2 apparently, lots of people lost in the dunes, too many to chopper out and its HOT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

Loeb is two hours or so back now. Lost an hour Monday with a "slight" accident (see afatbollix's post) on Monday. Then yesterday got stuck in the sand, another hour gone. Peterhansel lost loads of time also. Sainz now leads the cars.

Advertisement