Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rally GB 2015

Options
  • 18-11-2015 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Anyone head over to it this year?
    Any thoughts or views on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭mr potato head

Wet and windy... did I mention the wet!

Was at Gartheiniog on Saturday morning for SS7 & SS9, enjoyed the stage but I would probably explore further into the stage a bit if I was going again. Was supposed to watch the night stage at Dyfnant but the wet got the better of us.
    Went to the Dam viewing point at Brenig for SS16 & SS19, the wind was hard enough to make the rain feel like a sandblaster in your eyes. I would have walked to SS17 at Alwen if the weather wasn't so damn bad but I had some sort of shelter at Brenig. The dam wall view of a good section of the Brenig stage was good, would have been great in better weather.
    The group of guys I was with weren't as keen as I was to see the national rally coming through Brenig due to the weather, I sort of regret missing some of the RWD cars coming through there.

Good Points
    Camping (in car) was a good laugh on Friday night, there were a bunch of us.
    Easy access to the set viewing areas which had decent views
    Well marshalled

Bad Points
    Fewer ways to access the stages in comparison to an Irish tarmac stage
    A little bit expensive for the forest passes (£25 per day)
    The cold/cough I have now!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭mjhickeyie

Wet and windy... did I mention the
    Went to the Dam viewing point at Brenig for SS16 & SS19, the wind was hard enough to make the rain feel like a sandblaster in your eyes

We were at the Dam for the power stage. Definitely the worst conditions I have ever watched a stage in. You could not open yours eyes towards the rain.
    You could lean your full body weight into the wind and wouldn't fall. That was cool.

It was a very good stage even with the conditions.

We went to a night stage on Saturday, 14 I think. It was ok.

Got 3 other stages which were very good.

It was expensive. The sterling/euro rate is poor at the moment.
    We bought 8 day passes on a single booking but they charged £2 booking fee per ticket which was taking the p**s.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭afatbollix

It was so wet none of my waterproof gear worked. Couldn't believe now bad it was. Next time I see a amber warning for rain and wind Ill sit it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Mad Bull

Still, theres nothing like rallying. Saw a couple of stages Friday and one on Saturday and into evening service. Had a great weekend , even though the weather was ****ty. It 2 weeks earlier next year(Halloween Weekend), so the hotels are fairly expensive already.

Advertisement