Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Intel Ireland Salaries and experiences?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭Ging Ging

Any idea how Intel reacted to their relatively new contract employee deciding to leave. Did they get them to work their notice or just ask them to leave ASAP?
    I know a fair few graduates hired in the recent employment drives working as techs there. None of them seem to love it but then again there are plenty of people who like it fine and are there 10+ years.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Ging Ging wrote: »
    Any idea how Intel reacted to their relatively new contract employee deciding to leave. Did they get them to work their notice or just ask them to leave ASAP?

Intel acknowledged that he had performed very well during his short stay, even winning some sort of award or recognition. When leaving he told them the truth which was that he found the work monotonous and unchallenging. Intel respected his honesty and said that the door would remain open to him should he wish to return. He worked out his notice and a little extra because they asked him to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭Ging Ging

2011 wrote:
    Intel acknowledged that he had performed very well during his short stay, even winning some sort of award or recognition. When leaving he told them the truth which was that he found the work monotonous and unchallenging. Intel respected his honesty and said that the door would remain open to him should he wish to return. He worked out his notice and a little extra because they asked him to.

Sounds very professional and amicable. I suppose taking on so many grads over a relatively period they would have to expect a certain amount wouldn't work out for one reason or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Anongeneric

Newtown90 wrote: »
    Worked in Intel for a year with an Engineering Subcontractor.

It was definitely the worst work environment I've come across.

Very cut throat, all over contractors and intel reps your working with are down you cross checking your work and if there is the simplest mistake there is a massive deal about it.

I was very glad to get away to a better job in the pharma sector.

The money I was on was about the 30k mark, however knowing older people below me were on more than me made me sick considering I got 2 promotions and was never offered a raise.

I have a few mates that are Intel staff and generally 75% are just G.O.'s.

Any staff engineering job requires 3/4 interviews which I think is an insult to a person who has a degree / masters etc.

Was glad to be walked to the door on my final day!

Sorry to latch on to such an old post but when you say
    "I have a few mates that are Intel staff and generally 75% are just G.O.'s",
    here, what are you refering to with "G.O.'s"

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Sorry to latch on to such an old post but when you say
    "I have a few mates that are Intel staff and generally 75% are just G.O.'s",
    here, what are you refering to with "G.O.'s"

I assume that this is a reference is to "General Operatives"

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Anongeneric

2011 wrote: »
    I assume that this is a reference is to "General Operatives"

Cheers, that's sort of where I was going with that anyway.
    Do you, or does anyone on here know, who does the hiring for Intel for Gen Ops?
    I'm doing an on-line Master's and looking for shift work (of the 3 on 4 off- 4 on 3 off variety) that pays reasonably well.

I know Multiflex do it for IBM in blanch but it's by a large a 2 shift cycle over 5 days, which I'd like to avoid if possible.

Thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Anyone have any experience working with Westerwood Global in intel? What is the salary like?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Rumun

Working in intel as a westerwood global contractor.2 nd level technician
    29k all in bank holiday shift allowance ect.

Would i recommend it? No.

• Advertisement

Rumun wrote: »
    Working in intel as a westerwood global contractor.2 nd level technician
    29k all in bank holiday shift allowance ect.

Would i recommend it? No.

Cheers for the info

Are they permanent positions? WG probably replaced Retronix from when I worked there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Cheers for the info

Are they permanent positions? WG probably replaced Retronix from when I worked there.

Retronix are still about actually.

Advertisement