Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facilities at Trinity Hall

Options
  • 25-07-2014 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

OK so I'm going into to first year and am wondering what's on offer at Trinity Halls? What I mean is what's the internet like (is there a limit? Speed?)? Is there some sort of TV there? Are the kitchens good? Are the rooms comfortable?

The website isn't very specific about these things so if you have stayed there are can answer any one of these questions it would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

While whats on offer in Halls is basic, there's nothing it's lacking.

They're adding wireless internet this summer I believe, and speeds are generally fairly good, even during peak times. There's no download limit afaik.

There is no TV's in the apartments. There is a tv room in Oldham house, and so long as its not booked you can hook your laptop up to it to watch whatever you want. The tv there also has the basic channels.

The kitchens are fine, some of the stuff may be old but it will all be certified before you use it. Bedrooms are comfortable but not big on space. Twin rooms are obviously far more comfortable to be in. Radiators are small so drying your coat after the long walk home on a cold November evening is tough

Any more questions feel free to ask :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Slugabed

No TV unless you bring your own/chip in for one with your housemates. Kitchen size varies a bit depending on house and even apartment, so it'll be either huge and lovely or just all right. I was in a double room and it was completely comfortable (but I got along like, exceptionally well with my roommate. I'd imagine if you didn't get on it wouldn't be as nice). All in all, I'd say Halls is a really nice place to live, especially if you get on well with your housemates and other people living in the building. I wish I was going into first year/Halls again, to be honest. It was a brilliant year for me and I would've hardly considered myself a very outgoing person before.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭nailforhammer

Slugabed wrote: »
    No TV unless you bring your own/chip in for one with your housemates. Kitchen size varies a bit depending on house and even apartment, so it'll be either huge and lovely or just all right. I was in a double room and it was completely comfortable (but I got along like, exceptionally well with my roommate. I'd imagine if you didn't get on it wouldn't be as nice). All in all, I'd say Halls is a really nice place to live, especially if you get on well with your housemates and other people living in the building. I wish I was going into first year/Halls again, to be honest. It was a brilliant year for me and I would've hardly considered myself a very outgoing person before.

Thanks to both of ye for your replies. There was other threads already but the new at I could find was 2010/2011 so I was just wondering if it had changed since then.

And yeah I am debating whether I want to share or go in a single room. I know a few people going to Trinity from my school but no really close friends that I'd definitely be able to share a room with. Did you know your roommate beforehand?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Thanks to both of ye for your replies. There was other threads already but the new at I could find was 2010/2011 so I was just wondering if it had changed since then.

And yeah I am debating whether I want to share or go in a single room. I know a few people going to Trinity from my school but no really close friends that I'd definitely be able to share a room with. Did you know your roommate beforehand?

I was in a single last year but a twin this year. Plenty of people will be like you not knowing anyone and going for a twin room.

I will say this. If you get on well enough with any of your friends going to Trinity, and they are also looking for a twin room, you should apply together. You will have more of a chance of being offered a place if you apply for a twin with someone

Advertisement