Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part time Masters in Mechanical Engineering

Options
  • 09-07-2014 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi all,
    I am bounding around the idea of starting a part time Masters in Mechanical Engineering in CIT. Has anyone any personal experience of this course? I am finding difficult to find info online about it. I graduated from CIT 4yrs ago with a degree in Process Plant. I am a bit nervous that I would be behind before I start as a result of this. I would also like to find out how often a week classes are held as I work shift. Any help at all is really appreciated lads!!

Thanks very much

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Get in touch with the course head or secretary would be the best bet. They're usually very helpful in most places and happy to chat to you on the phone.

Don't forget to ask about how the fees work for part time students too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

colmdel wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I am bounding around the idea of starting a part time Masters in Mechanical Engineering in CIT. Has anyone any personal experience of this course? I am finding difficult to find info online about it. I graduated from CIT 4yrs ago with a degree in Process Plant. I am a bit nervous that I would be behind before I start as a result of this. I would also like to find out how often a week classes are held as I work shift. Any help at all is really appreciated lads!!

Thanks very much

I have only heard bad things about the masters in Mech Eng in CIT, from CIT staff themselves. I obviously can't name names but my impression is that they don't have any research going on and that it's a very boring and basic masters. I'm open to correction on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭krustycustomer

No idea,

I did the same undergrad there and did a masters in the uk. Cheap as chips over there and loads of colleges (or unis as they call em) offer distant learning, well handy. you choose from 4 starting months, pay per module and choose how many modules you want to do at a time, average module costs 700 quid.

Plus a masters in a uni prob looks better than an IT to someone who is unfamiliar.

let me know if your interested, i'll pass on some details of other lads masters, what field your gettin into etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 colmdel

No idea,

I did the same undergrad there and did a masters in the uk. Cheap as chips over there and loads of colleges (or unis as they call em) offer distant learning, well handy. you choose from 4 starting months, pay per module and choose how many modules you want to do at a time, average module costs 700 quid.

Plus a masters in a uni prob looks better than an IT to someone who is unfamiliar.

let me know if your interested, i'll pass on some details of other lads masters, what field your gettin into etc.

That sounds very interesting!! I would really appreciate anything you have on it!! Thanks

Advertisement