Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guitar Feedback

• 27-06-2014 11:06am

Hi all..I am looking for some advice on how to prevent a semi acoustic feedback....I am not that long playing,but got a loan of gear to teast it out..it was fine when playing,but when I stopped,I had to cover the soundhole wit my palm to stop the feedback...It wasn't through a mixer,just an amp.I have read about covers for the sound hole...After giving the gear back,I was wondering if I should have the speakers a little in front of the guitar?..The amp was behind me..I know you can get soundholes,and I know the gear wasn't top notch,but just wondering about the speakers position...thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

semi acoustic or electroacoustic?

if it's an electroacoustic, ie a regular acoustic with a pickup fitted, then feedback can be an issue depending on a number of factors.

some pickups are better at resisting it than others.

an internal mic will be the worst....... piezos aren't TOO bad.......

having a speaker pointing straight at the guitar will be bad, lots of pros use a plastic insert in the soundhole to prevent it. this works because if the soundhole is blocked, then air can't move in and out, so the top can't move as freely, so less sound is produced.

soundhole is the least accurately named part of a guitar as sound doesn't come out of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

What he said ^^^^^

semi acoustic or electroacoustic?

if it's an electroacoustic, ie a regular acoustic with a pickup fitted, then feedback can be an issue depending on a number of factors.

some pickups are better at resisting it than others.

an internal mic will be the worst....... piezos aren't TOO bad.......

having a speaker pointing straight at the guitar will be bad, lots of pros use a plastic insert in the soundhole to prevent it. this works because if the soundhole is blocked, then air can't move in and out, so the top can't move as freely, so less sound is produced.

soundhole is the least accurately named part of a guitar as sound doesn't come out of it![/QUO

Its a Sigma electroacoustic.I must check the model number to see if I can get the plastic insert for the soundhole...I would have always thought that the soundhole would be where the sound came from,well on acoustic I mean..Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭justcallmemoses

I have a travel/mini guitar with fishman pickup. Soundhold is smaller than regular 4 inch soundhole covers. Any suggestions on how to cover it up?

Advertisement