Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone playing MKX (PC)

• 29-11-2015 1:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

I got MKX a couple of weeks back, and I'm still absolutely hooked on it. Is there an Irish scene for this at all? If so, is anyone here playing it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I was interested in the game but the business model turned me off. That and the bad porting. Would've liked to have gotten into it.

I still play some MK9 here and there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

I was interested in the game but the business model turned me off. That and the bad porting. Would've liked to have gotten into it.

Business model? It's a fantastic port imo.

Yes the business model, the amount of DLC, characters behind a payall, costumes behind a paywall, etc. This is fine if there's value for money or the game is F2P and the costumes are great or in large numbers but it's not like that. Was a full priced game at launch, with terribly launch performance AFAIK. I skipped it and then got distracted by other games, ultimately never getting into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

All I've heard about the port has been terrible performance, missing balance patches, late DLC availability, etc.

So did they actually sort it out eventually? This is the first I've heard anyone with a good word to say about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

red_ice wrote: »
    It's a fantastic port imo.

LOLOCAUST :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Yes the business model, the amount of DLC, characters behind a payall, costumes behind a paywall, etc. This is fine if there's value for money or the game is F2P and the costumes are great or in large numbers but it's not like that. Was a full priced game at launch, with terribly launch performance AFAIK. I skipped it and then got distracted by other games, ultimately never getting into it.

The version I got for like 20 quid had all the characters (minus goro)? That site is fully legal btw.

There are performance issues, but its down to steam not running games as administrator by default thus causing games to only use a single core (or something along those lines). I made a couple of very quick setting changes and what was 25-30fps is now stuck at the FPS cap on ultra settings.

All I've heard about the port has been terrible performance, missing balance patches, late DLC availability, etc.

So did they actually sort it out eventually? This is the first I've heard anyone with a good word to say about it.

There's been a few updates for me since I've started playing - it seems balanced to me... Only person who gives me trouble (raiden) is subzero. But every character has one or two characters that give them hassle, so I do find it fairly well balanced. I've no real basis for comparison for competitive beat-em-ups. I have ultra street fighter 4 and tbh, I think its terrible!! I've really enjoyed playing MKX, and I cant see my interest fading anytime soon as long as my mate plays it with me or some regulars to play with.

red_ice wrote: »
    The version I got for like 20 quid had all the characters (minus goro)? That site is fully legal btw.

There are performance issues, but its down to steam not running games as administrator by default thus causing games to only use a single core (or something along those lines). I made a couple of very quick setting changes and what was 25-30fps is now stuck at the FPS cap on ultra settings.

Yeah I know what it's price is now. In fact it very quickly got bargain-bin prices from key-resellers which in and of its self gives you an idea about how a game is doing in business.

I don't mind DLC characters but it has to be done in a tasteful way. In Skullgirls they release them for free for a while, then only start charging if you don't claim them during that window. The color pallet DLC is extremely good, too. Can't say the same for other game's color pallets and I've seen MKX's weak character designs and payed costumes (I also just think the new characters seem like total crap - Why Jax daughter and not robots, noob, kabal, anything!).

And there was no way to get the stuff for free or through grind. I guess my standards are pretty high because I come primarily from a Tekken perspective where, other than the F2P tekken, all costumes, characters, features, modes etc are part of the game, unlockable by playing the game. You buy the game and you get everything they make. Even T6 got a co-op campaign update for free.

Advertisement