Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Casuals at The Roundy Saturday 14/11/15

Options
  • 10-11-2015 5:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

The beginning of a series of monthly sessions for the Cork FGC. Strictly casual to start, mostly to judge interest and what games to take forward. UCC Smash scene is showing quite a bit of interest, so we're hoping for a good turnout from them. No entry fee, we just wanna get people into a room, talking to each other and playing some fighting games. Hope to see you there.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1618631958402052/

12112071_1648453562037898_6094876781607862663_n.jpg?oh=ff2c9c72cf455d55adfcf32c1358dadd&oe=56AD6066

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Good stuff lads.

Always good to have a strong Cork scene.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Good stuff lads.

Always good to have a strong Cork scene.

Never too late to start
    gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok.png

(good luck with it!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Tizoc

It's a pity that I only saw it now... I've been looking forward for an event in Cork and could not make to the Eirtakon (mainly lazy to go there just for the casuals). Didn't think there would be something in the same weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

Very happy with how everything turned out yesterday. We didn't get the turnout from the Smash community we were hoping for, and the rest of the players were all very SF focused, but I was still quite pleased with the numbers that turned up on the day.

We'll be back at The Roundy again next month, with plans to run a Street Fighter tournament this time. Expecting to have a few extra setups too, so we'll have room for Smash and one extra random game too, hopefully. I definitely want some variety in what we play, and would like to see people try out new games all the time.

Much thanks to the guys that helped me put it together, and can't wait to see them all again next month!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Good job dude, if it's not on at the same time as some major event next time, I'll try to pop down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Chris IWS wrote: »
    Very happy with how everything turned out yesterday. We didn't get the turnout from the Smash community we were hoping for, and the rest of the players were all very SF focused

What seems to be the problem? :pac:

Advertisement