Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Co-parenting courses / mediation parenting plans

Options
  • 09-11-2015 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has tried any of these courses to resolve parenting issues after a break-up, and are there any you'd recommend? I'm looking at this one maybe. We did try regular mediation, one session in Dolphin House, it didn't go well. However I'm hoping that as time passes, it might be easier to have constructive discussions about our child's care and his future, rather than fighting over our past. Seems to make sense to attend sessions focused specifically on parenting, rather than just the general mediation. I like the idea of getting a mutually acceptable plan in place, to refer to when/if issues arise.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Just wondering if anyone has tried any of these courses to resolve parenting issues after a break-up, and are there any you'd recommend? I'm looking at this one maybe. We did try regular mediation, one session in Dolphin House, it didn't go well. However I'm hoping that as time passes, it might be easier to have constructive discussions about our child's care and his future, rather than fighting over our past. Seems to make sense to attend sessions focused specifically on parenting, rather than just the general mediation. I like the idea of getting a mutually acceptable plan in place, to refer to when/if issues arise.

DD you may find it useful to post this in the general parenting forum, if you get no responses here, I appear to recall a few posts on coparenting there.

Advertisement