Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quick uncomplicated divorce

Options
  • 13-10-2015 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭

Was church married for 2 years.

Split up close to a year. No kids or house or moneys to debate. Separate since that point

Is there any advantage to legal separation if ultimate aim is divorce.
    As i assume 4 years separate is the minimum for divorce.

What sort of money does a uncontested divorce cost?

What are the options for the church if you were ever to marry again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I didn't do a legal separation just straight for the divorce. Yes you have to be separated 4 years. It cost me 500 euro - I used a diy service which was great. You can do it yourself thought - all the forms are on the court website.

Church - none. I can be corrected here but you can't be married in a church once you are divorced. You can get a blessing - if you can find a nice priest to do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

Dovies wrote: »
    I didn't do a legal separation just straight for the divorce. Yes you have to be separated 4 years. It cost me 500 euro - I used a diy service which was great. You can do it yourself thought - all the forms are on the court website.

Church - none. I can be corrected here but you can't be married in a church once you are divorced. You can get a blessing - if you can find a nice priest to do it!

Out of interest, how did you go through with the splitting of assets on your DIY divorce?

Well done for you and your ex being so reasonable and doing it through that format, I've heard of too many people racking up massive debt through legal expenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

We had none! No property etc. We had a couple of investments so cashed them in and split it. It can be done but only if there are no sticking points - which there weren't. We still get on fine but our 2 children are 23 and 17 so we had no custody issues etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

Dovies wrote: »
    We had none! No property etc. We had a couple of investments so cashed them in and split it. It can be done but only if there are no sticking points - which there weren't. We still get on fine but our 2 children are 23 and 17 so we had no custody issues etc.

Ah! It pays to be uncomplicated!

Advertisement