Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocked Galaxy Note 2 - locked?

Options
  • 11-12-2013 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭

I've just returned from canada bringing my unlocked Galaxy Note 2 with me. I have gotten a micro sim from tesco but when entered it will not reognise it, asking for a network sim unlock code, which seems to mean that is not actually unlocked.
    Ive looked online at checking if it is unlocked (*#simlock# doesn't seem to work) and followed a couple of other methods to unlock it, but to no avail. I've also tried with a vodafone micro sim but I get the same message Anyone have any ideas, other than taking to shop to get an unlock code? Also, what would be a reasonable amount to pay?
    As it was already unlocked in Canada, i really don't want to have to get it unlocked again...i've contacted my old network abroad but they are draggin their feet on getting it unlocked for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Probably not much use.. But you could try here : forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2037017
    Hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

yeah, i tried that and no luck, I never get the option to choose " [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ "

Not sure why, guess i may have to take it into a shop

Advertisement