Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Schuh van shoes, how to clean?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭WhirlEsme

Hi!

I've washed my vans (white/pink with flowers) in the washing machine before and they came out spotless - dare I say, good as new :cool:

If you are worried about the colours running, maybe use a lower temperature?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

While washing them in the washing machine certainly does make them look good as new, I find it puts them out of shape a little. At least, it did with mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I washed a pair of white canvas wedges the other day with a toothbrush and some washing detergent mixed with water, only took a couple of minutes, I left them outside in the sun and they dried in a few hours and were a lovely bright white again.

I washed my brothers Vans and Converse the other day (he wasn't brave enough!!). I did the special shoe wash that is on the machine, but it didn't really make a difference. I chanced the regular 40 degree wash and they came out perfect. Dried them in the sunshine in no time. I guess the worse that could have happened would be that Barbie ended up with a few new pairs of shoes.....and that he would disown me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I usually stick mine in a pillow case and a regular 30degree wash. I don't do it very often, so doubt it'll do much harm to them. I dry them naturally then, outside preferably... I wouldn't put them in a dryer!

• Advertisement
Advertisement