Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fascinator in Dublin

• 15-04-2013 8:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13

Hey ladies any advice where I could get a nice simple fascinator in Dublin city? It would be for a once off wear more than likely so I don't want to spend big bucks on it. I know you can get them in Debenhams but I feel every second lady would be wearing one from there so any other suggestions would be very welcome:) It's for a ladies day at races btw

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,009 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I had to Google what that was and........ that's the most amazing name for a piece of fashion I could possibly imagine. Just a shame it doesn't live up to the expectation/curiosity of what the heck it might be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

They're great yokes! I rented one from a hat rental place in Lucan - I think it was called the Mad Hatter, dunno if it's still there but they had the best selection EVER of stuff to hire. Well worth a trip as long as you're not in Howth or somewhere!

ETA - I lied - they're called Hattitudes, don't seem to have a website, but they're brilliant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 Mountaingrey

Oh brilliant I'm near Lucan so that would do the trick, thank you. Also I'll be honest too I had to google what it was called to write this post I didn't want to say fancy hat type thing:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Accessorize is worth a look. They usually have the hairband types that are simple looking and don't require any fancy hairdressing to keep them in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Hickey's fabric shop usually have nice simple ones, not too expensive either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭grind gremlin

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    They're great yokes! I rented one from a hat rental place in Lucan - I think it was called the Mad Hatter, dunno if it's still there but they had the best selection EVER of stuff to hire. Well worth a trip as long as you're not in Howth or somewhere!

ETA - I lied - they're called Hattitudes, don't seem to have a website, but they're brilliant.

Any idea roughly how much it is to rent a hat from Hattitudes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

For simple and cheap Dunnes Stores, Claires Accessories and Marks and Spencers have nice ones. Risk of someone else having the same thing but if its a plain one I wouldn't worry. Accessorise have a 50% off sale on at the moment and they have some lovely hairband style ones. I was shopping for one last week and picked one up in there for €17.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭WhirlEsme

LK Bennett had them last year in BTs and the outlet store in Kildare - might be worth a look :D

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ennis81

TK Maxx and Pulse have nice inexpensive ones!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

+1 for Pulse, if there's one near you it's well worth dropping in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

I have bought a few from ebay...way cheaper than in the shops...and most arrive within a week !!

Advertisement