Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hughes & Hughes bookstore 70% off selected new books

• 17-01-2010 1:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭

Some very new books such as- What the Dog Saw: And Other Adventures, Malcolm Gladwell for about €5.50....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Cool! I have a voucher from Christmas to use.

Thanks for the alert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,608 ✭✭✭deisemum

Thanks for this, I've got €100 worth of giftcards for Hughes & Hughes. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭crackity_jones

70% is a tasty deduction and they do have some decent titles covered by this offer. William Trevor's new book is one I picked up. Can't remember the other.

However, the simple fact is that Hughes & Hughes have to be the most expensive bookshop this side of that place that sells books with diamond encrusted covers. Their 'Special Price' stickers are laughable. Knocking a couple of euro of a 25 quid book is just not going to cut it when you can but it for a tenner less online.

And yes, I always support my local bookshops and try to pick up something but I find it next to impossible in H & H's. I don't know how they stay in business.

CJ

Advertisement