Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Info on Transferable Warranty for Hyundai

Options
  • 09-10-2008 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭

I've been told by a main hyundai dealer that they will not honour the 5 year warranty on a uk hyundai over here in Ireland when I know for myself that it is infact transferable because I've used it on a previous car.
    Anyone know where I can get further information detailing that it is in fact fully transferable?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

Ronanom wrote: »
    I've been told by a main hyundai dealer that they will not honour the 5 year warranty on a uk hyundai over here in Ireland when I know for myself that it is infact transferable because I've used it on a previous car.
    Anyone know where I can get further information detailing that it is in fact fully transferable?

It depends. What is the standard pan European warranty? Just because one country decided to change it does not mean it has to be honoured in every country. As far as I am aware the standard Hyundai warranty is 3 years or 100k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Ronanom

It depends. What is the standard pan European warranty? Just because one country decided to change it does not mean it has to be honoured in every country. As far as I am aware the standard Hyundai warranty is 3 years or 100k

The UK standard is 5 years. I've had work done under warranty on a uk car over 3 years old which was covered by it and the owner of the garage himself told me that the full 5 years is transferable even to Ireland...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Contact the importer, the dealer is wrong I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Ronanom

Just rang Hyundai Ireland there and they tell me that the 5 years is fully transferable around the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Now call the stoopid dealer and tell them to do their homework....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement