Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

weird dream re parking

Options
  • 09-10-2008 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭

okay, i had a weird dream last night where my front garden turned out to be a good parking place for people trying to get into town (despite the fact that I am a 20 minute bus ride from town), but anyway they would park and walk into town. Weird dream. But when I woke up I wondered what if this really happened in real life - what could you do to the car? In my dream I threatened to have it towed and crushed or something but could you really do this in real life? If you have no signs up saying no parking (which you wouldn't - it is your garden, but say it is your driveway) do you have any comeback legally?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

The cops dont even wanna touch petty little debates like that. I often wondered on the legality of just getting a car towed. I am interested to see if anyone found a solution to the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I opened my door one night to find a strange car in my driveway. I knocked on a few neighbours doors, and found that a visitor to my next door neighbour's house had decided to park in my driveway (blocking my car in), while the drive of the house he was visiting was completely empty (our driveways fit 4 cars comfortably).

When I pointed at the car, he very sheepishly ran out and moved it, but he was Polish and didn't seem to speak English, and I never got an explanation as to why he decided to park in the wrong house and then walk out of my drive and into the next house without seeing anything wrong with it.

That made me wonder too what I could do if I hadn't been able to find the owner so soon. My gut reaction would be to smash a window, let off the handbrake and roll it out onto the road - so the Gardai, would have to do something about it, but in reality I don't think I'd actually do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

That made me wonder too what I could do if I hadn't been able to find the owner so soon. My gut reaction would be to smash a window, let off the handbrake and roll it out onto the road
    The fire brigade would do just that if a car was blocking a fire hydrant. The owner would have no comeback whatsoever.

Advertisement