Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Clothes

Options
  • 22-07-2013 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭

I start my next placement in September. The last placement was in a lot more casual and laid back agency so I didn't have to get a new wardrobe for it. The next one is in a more formal statutory agency so my clothes need to reflect that. I am looking for the likes of shirts, trousers, tailored dresses and a couple of blazers that I can mix and match with. As I qualify next year and hopefully will get a job I don't mind spending a little extra for good quality stuff that will last (Not too much extra though!) Any recommendations of where to go would be great Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

I find H&M great for skirts, dresses and tops. Not so much trousers though, but I find them tricky to get anywhere so could just be me.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

There is still some stuff from the Next sale in the shops, it might be worth taking a look through that. Also go check out the sale racks at Debenhams. They mark stuff down a lot, but if you have an eye, you can put things together.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭fibix

From my experience when I was working in the office and needed smart casual outfits, Next was the best choice. The clothes are well tailored and of good quality. Also, Wallis for trousers.
    And RI for bit of an edge, pick carefully though;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Thanks all. Going to head in to Cork next week and buy a few things.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

If you are the right body type, Mango is great for office wear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭JenL

Also the larger New Look stores have good corporate/work wear.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Mango and Zara are great for work stuff. I have a couple of blazers from Zara that really smarten up trousers or a dress. When I was interning I found it handy to just leave a blazer in the office in case of an unplanned meeting, so I could look the part on short notice.

Advertisement