Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oz laptop, Irish power - KABLAMO?

Options
  • 08-03-2013 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

I have a HP laptop that was bought in Australia and I want to buy a power cable and charger for it with an Irish plug.

I've checked online for voltage/power comparison for here and Oz and it seems they are the same apart from the plug type.

I'd just like to know if anyone has done this before I buy it, plug it in and watch my laptop go *BANG* :(

WIKI
    All of Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia, New Zealand and most of South America use a supply that is within 6% of 230 V, whereas Japan, Taiwan, North America and some parts of northern South America use a voltage between 100 and 127 V. The 230 V standard has become widespread so that 230 V equipment can be used in most parts of the world with the aid of an adapter or a change to the equipment's connection plug for the specific country.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Merl1n

all hp laptops are multi voltage
    All you wou will need is a convertor plug or a new mickey mouse lead

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Laptops are expected to be used worldwide so they almost always use multivoltage (100-230V) AC adapters. Your power cable probably connects to the AC adapter using a figure of eight or clover leaf connector, you can buy a suitable power cable with a 13 amp three pin plug in any PC or most electrical shops or just use a travel adapter.

One of these is what you need...

35bzihv.jpg
    clover-leaf-cable-mickey-mouse-c5-uk-power-lead.jpg

Advertisement