Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anybody dealt with lenovo?

Options
  • 22-02-2013 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hi , just wondering if anyone has had similar story when dealing with Lenovo.

I recently purchased a lenovo z580 laptop directly from the lenovo website. Within a month there was a hardware issue and it broke. So I did the usual, rang them up and put in a request for them to repair it.
    This took a month for them to send me details on how to get it picked up, pick it up, "repair it" and get it back to me. I got the laptop back tuesday this week and this morning it broke again with the same hardware issue.
    So I rang them up again, explained the situation and said I wasn't accepting anything less than a full refund. I was told I would receive a call by someone that has the authority to make that decision. So I was rang up a couple of hours later and told its policy for any faulty hardware to be repaired twice before sending out a replacement and a refund was not possible. However I stood firm and was again told I will be contacted within 24 hours with a decision from someone that can make that call.

Basically wondering has anyone had any luck getting a refund on a faulty product from lenovo? So far their service has been terrible and I will definitely never buy from them again. One things for certain though, I am not accepting anything except a full refund.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,872 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

maybe a little more information about the hardware issue? I have a lenovo and I quite like it. They are fair quality products.

There are a number of things you can try, but I would suggest accepting another unit, albeit I would personally go ahead and leverage for some level of complimentary extended protection for the unit.

Ultimately though as a retail employee I will tell you: you get much farther by being a fair and polite person to deal with. I would happily do everything in my power to do a return out of policy for someone who was a saint that was just having a rough go of things, versus some complete arsehole who was put off that the first thing he bought failed so he demanded a ream of discounts of me. Not suggesting you are, by the way, just giving you real world examples I've had. In the end if you're willing to work with them they're willing to work with you, it's a set of guidelines I've followed for years prior to retail and it always got me great customer service even when I was not always totally in the right: free dell charger for friend's laptop, just for being polite to the CSR (not expecting that at all, actually), replacement logitech headset without proof of purchase through sound and patient discussion, even the frequent bout of free software from companies just from making some off the wall inquiries in a constructive manner. The only time I really had to have a go of something was with HP when my customized-laptop SKU wasn't on the Generic-Laptop-SKU recall list for the nvidia GPU sh*tstorm in 2007. Took a good week of nightly chat sessions and internet research to get them to relent to common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭BigBabyTaylor

HI, yeah I thought they were aswell but my personal experience has left a sour taste and dont think I will go back to lenovo at any stage. The reason I didnt include the problem was I didnt think it was relevant but basically when I turn the computer on the screen is completely black (nothing at all comes up), the lights on the computer turn on and the fan turns on full power. When they fixed this the first time they diagnosed it as a memory error but within 2 days it happened again and get turn the laptop on. From reading forums and stuff one thing mentioned was its a motherboard problem but I wouldnt know really.

No I'm not accepting another unit simply because I bought this laptop in december to do a computer science Thesis which includes a developing a large peice of software and by the time it gets back to me I wont need it anymore really and Its quite expensive so it would be wasted to just be used for browsing the Internet. Also they said before they replace it they would have to try and repair it a second time .

Yeah I completely agree with you I am being polite to the employees Im talking to as I think it will just make things easier, I'm just not being a pushover and saying "yeah ok" when they tell me its company policy they want to fix it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Just to rule it out you arent using this on a bed or something are you?

ED E wrote: »
    Just to rule it out you arent using this on a bed or something are you?

As in are the fans blocked from the laptop being on a bed? No. My issue seems to be somewhat common with my laptop model. According to the interwebs its an issue with the motherboard

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Hi , just wondering if anyone has had similar story when dealing with Lenovo.

I recently purchased a lenovo z580 laptop directly from the lenovo website. Within a month there was a hardware issue and it broke. So I did the usual, rang them up and put in a request for them to repair it.
    This took a month for them to send me details on how to get it picked up, pick it up, "repair it" and get it back to me. I got the laptop back tuesday this week and this morning it broke again with the same hardware issue.
    So I rang them up again, explained the situation and said I wasn't accepting anything less than a full refund. I was told I would receive a call by someone that has the authority to make that decision. So I was rang up a couple of hours later and told its policy for any faulty hardware to be repaired twice before sending out a replacement and a refund was not possible. However I stood firm and was again told I will be contacted within 24 hours with a decision from someone that can make that call.

Basically wondering has anyone had any luck getting a refund on a faulty product from lenovo? So far their service has been terrible and I will definitely never buy from them again. One things for certain though, I am not accepting anything except a full refund.

Lenovo are the biggest shower of scumbags I have ever dealt with in my life .Go legal

its the only way .

• Advertisement

Yeah I gathered from talking with them they have pretty bad customer services. However they outsource there store in Ireland to a company called Digital rivers or something like that. I rang them up, explained everything and they said theyd give me a refund no bother and were just generally easier to deal with. They Picked it up a couple of days ago so hopefully they stay true to their word and all ends well. Hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Merl1n

small claims court them
    sale of goods and supply of services
    the laptop is not fit for the purpose that it was sold

Advertisement