Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dell Latitude Missing DVD Drive

• 01-03-2013 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Laptop: Dell Latitude E6530
    Warranty: no

I have a work laptop. Today I was working and realised its dvd drive is gone. Its just not there any more. I have a rectangular shaped hole in my laptop instead. Now I reallly dont want work to know this! Is it possible to buy these drives and just stick them back in. Like it never needs to work or anything. I just cant have the hole!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

The "rectangular shaped hole" is the modular bay. Contact Dell customer support, order a replacement DVD drive for your model and slip it in.

Or get it on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭bradyle

You re a king among men! Thanks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

As someone who works in IT if you came back to me missing the dvd drive I wouldn't care. They are cheap and we'd probably have spare ones lying around being used as cup holders.

Yea but i'm already the girl thats managed to loose a work phone, another sim card ( i actually lost the work phone again but i pretended it was just the sim card and am using my personal phone), the swipe card to enter the building and my token for machines...I've worked here less than 6 months. I really cant loose anything else

bradyle wrote: »
    Yea but i'm already the girl thats managed to loose a work phone, another sim card ( i actually lost the work phone again but i pretended it was just the sim card and am using my personal phone), the swipe card to enter the building and my token for machines...I've worked here less than 6 months. I really cant loose anything else

Nothing wrong with a little prayer to Saint Anthony every now and then. ;)

• Advertisement

Saint Anthony, Jesus's lost and found prayer...crossing every appendage that can be crossed...I'm covering all bases and hoping it's just somewhere in my apartment!!

How you managed "loose" the DVD drive, is beyond me. :D

It's not that they're prone to slipping out just like that, they're locked with a clip and even then you'll have to pull it out.

This was all my friends responses too...but I'm literally cursed when it comes to technology. Like I have babied this laptop it's never out of my sight, never been dropped or anything and somehow the disc drive is gone. Like i've never even used the bloody thing!!!!!

I had it in a laptop pocket of a schoolbag yesterday and im hoping that maybe its still in there. No idea how it left but I was taking it in and out for going through airport security so maybe it just got caught or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭johneire31

Did you ever consider that one of your workmates might be playing a little prank on you? knowing your tendencies and all that?

Worth a thought I think!

I found it :) It was at home. It comes with thiua button you can press that makes it pop out a bit. So I assume it got pressed in my bag and caught on something or other!!

I'm just very happy to not have a hole in my laptop anymore !

• Advertisement
Advertisement