Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

motor tax final notice

Options
  • 09-10-2008 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭

hi all,

I bought a car in april and traded in my old one, i had to register the new one myself. Now im after getting a letter about me not taxing my old car and recieving a final notice. What the best thing I could do here to sort this out??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭crazzzzy

Have u got the tax cert for the old car? if u do then fill up the back & send it back.

If u don't then ring them & tell them u traded it in r do nothing coz u only get fined if caught driving car without tax

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'm guessing they presume you have two cars registered in your name. Best ring them to sort it out but be patient as they are known to take forever to answer the phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

got a form with it to bring it back with change of ownership form, some of it has to be signed by the motor dealer I sold it to. I found that the car hasnt been sold yet so the car is still registered under my name and left at the garage parked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭crazzzzy

get d garage 2 sign it & send it off....then ul never hear from them again!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

sound will do, last thing i want is fines:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement