Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uncommon Aftershave

Options
  • 21-05-2013 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for an uncommon aftershave/edt available in Dublin, i.e. one that you don't see in every shop/pharmacy.

What I see around in department stores and Boots etc is the same old stuff.

Brown Thomas has some uncommon stuff, like Aqua di Parma, not really what I'm looking for I don't think.

So, anyone got any ideas/suggestions for a forgotten fragrance or an uncommon aftershave.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Very personal thing... Scent. Have you tried knize ten?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Walter Sobchak III

Have a look at www.shaving.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Second shaving ie, great range of more traditional scents, and cheap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Smig1985

@imme

It depends on what kind of a fragrance you are looking for really, or even more importantly, how much you want to spend! Something that works in the office, like an Acqua di Parma or any classic cologne, won't necessarily do the job in a nightclub or at a suit and tie occasion. Brown Thomas and Arnotts both have a pretty good selection. I would take a look at the house of Creed or Tom Ford, something for everyone there, although you are looking at anywhere between €75 and €150 for a 50-75ml bottle (EDP). My signature scents for the summer are Neroli Portofino by Tom Ford or Aventus by Creed, and then I have a few others that I wear in the winter like Dior Homme Intense, L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme or YSL M7, depending on the occasion. I'm selling a pretty rare bottle of YSL M7 (100ml EDT) in my ads if you wanna take a look? http://www.adverts.ie/mens-fragrances/ysl-m7-edt-and-shower-gel/3194755
    (Sorry for the shameless advertising!) It's an amazing scent that has been discontinued since 2008 and I guarantee you won't be smelling this on anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Loris Azzaro

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

These guys do some lovely old school fragrances, for really reasonable prices:
    http://www.tayloroldbondst.co.uk/

I'd recommend the Sandlewood. It's old fashioned, manly, sophisticated, yet unpretentious. But it really depends on your age and personality, and how you can pull it off.

Advertisement