Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sudocrem and cats

Options
  • 07-11-2011 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if its ok to use Sudocrem on a cat? My cat has come home with a graze on his paw, i've cleaned it with hib scrub and wondered if it was ok to put sudocrem on it to make him more comfortable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Cleaning it with dilute hibiscrub should be fine if its only a graze. I wouldnt bother with sudocream it'd be licked off in no time. In small doses its fine, but i think its a bit pointless unless you're bandaging the paw.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

No idea if it's safe or not but it would pick up bits of dirt because it's sticky. Hibi scrub is fine or water salted water will aid healing just as fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭JKM

Hi Justask,

I use sudocream on my cat on the advice of our vet (she suggested any nappy rash cream like sudocream etc.) to prevent urine scald due to incontinence. I do use a nappy on him though. I would just ring your vet to double check if I were you though.

JKM

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Creams are not generally good for wounds because they can exclude air. Also wounds tend to weep more if a cream prevents a scab forming. I would stick to Hibiscrub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Thanks all he's not a bother today. Me being a panic button again :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement