Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Holiday Fixture List Preparation

Options
  • 08-10-2015 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭

I probably could have just put this in the General chat, but remembered that Prodston started a separate thread last year. Anyway, TV selections for December are out and what's noticeable is that Leicester, Man City, Sunderland, and Liverpool all have more than 48 hours between between GW18 and 19. So we may see less rotation then

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

This is what we call commitment :D!

-

Man City, Liverpool & Leicester are very interesting. Hopefully Klopp turn 'Pool into a full attack side :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭skippy15

I probably could have just put this in the General chat, but remembered that Prodston started a separate thread last year. Anyway, TV selections for December are out and what's noticeable is that Leicester, Man City, Sunderland, and Liverpool all have more than 48 hours between between GW18 and 19. So we may see less rotation then

Slow week on here the things people do for a fix :rolleyes:....thanks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

skippy15 wrote: »
    Slow week on here the things people do for a fix :rolleyes:....thanks ;)

There were articles about DGWs before the season began :pac:

There's a hot topic on FFS about bench fodder fixtures over the holiday period (when you're likely to need them): http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2015/11/10/lineup-lessons-gameweek-12-part-one/?hc_page=16#hc_comment_11819085

Right now, I'm leaning towards Payet to Gosling but am also not opposed to upgrading Gosling back to a strong front 8 for this period. I may even put my 4th defender regularly as first sub since Dawson and Moreno both have nice fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Walcott captain gw 19 home to Bournemouth if he doesn't start on gw 18 two days before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Jesus its quiet on this forum. Is there an international break i forgot about!!

Just looking thr xmas a bit and thinking Alli might be worth getting in 5th mid after all.

Cover for rotation and good xmas/new year fixtures. Hmm.

26 Dec 15:00. Norwich (H)
    28 Dec 15:00. Watford (A)
    03 Jan 16:00 Everton (A)
    13 Jan 20:00 Leicester (H)
    16 Jan 12:45 Sunderland (H)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

FHFC wrote: »
    Jesus its quiet on this forum. Is there an international break i forgot about!!

Just looking thr xmas a bit and thinking Alli might be worth getting in 5th mid after all.

Cover for rotation and good xmas/new year fixtures. Hmm.

26 Dec 15:00. Norwich (H)
    28 Dec 15:00. Watford (A)
    03 Jan 16:00 Everton (A)
    13 Jan 20:00 Leicester (H)
    16 Jan 12:45 Sunderland (H)

Whatever about Ali, looking at those fixtures I'm glad I have Kane in my team, he could be a default captain over Xmas.

AdpRo wrote: »
    Whatever about Ali, looking at those fixtures I'm glad I have Kane in my team, he could be a default captain over Xmas.

It'd be a brave man not to captain Kun at home to Sunderland on St. Stephen's Day and an Arsenal player at home to Bournemouth on 28 Dec

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I really need to sort my defenders out in the run-up to Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

It'd be a brave man not to captain Kun at home to Sunderland on St. Stephen's Day and an Arsenal player at home to Bournemouth on 28 Dec

Pfft. "Never captain Lukaku " is soon to be replaced by "never captain Kun" if you ask me.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Think I'm gonna bank my transfer this week or next week, and have two for the 28th/29th. Take a couple of gambles when it becomes likely who will play and miss out for that week. I'm pretty sure it was carnage last year too. Possibly punt on Theo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Defo considering hendo now

Anyone else tempted by a WBA defence double up? Their fixtures loosen up from this week:

BOU, swa, NEW, STO, che, sou, AVL, SWA, new.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

SantryRed wrote: »
    Anyone else tempted by a WBA defence double up? Their fixtures loosen up from this week:

Very tempted, worked out very well earlier on in the year

Absolutely. Sagna and Bertrand out for two WBA defenders and for a -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Not getting the love for WBA, Palace next 4 are easier as all their opponents are failing to fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

patmac wrote: »
    Not getting the love for WBA, Palace next 4 are easier as all their opponents are failing to fire.

Hell hath no fury like a Pulisball scorned!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,438 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Palace conceded against Newcastle and Sunderland at home, which would have been classed as easy fixtures. Even though I have Souare, I never trust them to keep a clean sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Palace have conceded 4 in their last 6 matches whereas WBA have conceded 10 with the fixtures being fairly similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Palace have conceded 4 in their last 6 matches whereas WBA have conceded 10 with the fixtures being fairly similar.

Pulis ball knows no logic or science.

Last season they went on a bad run of conceding in "easier" games in the second half of the season. I gave up on Myhill and got Mignolet in as my second keeper. WBA promptly kept clean sheets against a string of top side with Myhill cleaning up save points and saving a penalty. All from my bench of course.

With Pulis ball you are all in, or not in at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

The BBC (!) have got in on the act with an article from former winner Simon March on your Christmas FF. Nothing you already don'tknow, but it might reassure you know what you're doing!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,438 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

The BBC (!) have got in on the act with an article from former winner Simon March on your Christmas FF. Nothing you already don'tknow, but it might reassure you know what you're doing!

Damn I was hoping he was going to say that he is doing as badly as the rest of us and languishing at 500k or something :o

Damn I was hoping he was going to say that he is doing as badly as the rest of us and languishing at 500k or something :o

456k: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/2117/history/

Every one ready for the carnage that tomorrow usually brings...? :pac:

I'm scared with captaining Theo. Really hope he isn't rested. Oxlade-Chamberlain could take his spot...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Every one ready for the carnage that tomorrow usually brings...? :pac:

I'm scared with captaining Theo. Really hope he isn't rested. Oxlade-Chamberlain could take his spot...
    I do have that same fear but surely campbell would be more likely to drop out. My initial thought weeks ago when I said walcott c gw 19 was that sanchez would be back and that theo wouldnt play against southampton and then would replace giroud up top for the bournemouth game. I dont currently have the armband on theo as Ive a triple arsenal midfield but that could change.

Advertisement