Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-06-2012, 09:51   #151
Splendour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splendour View Post
Or that same couple who,when having a child baptised, knowingly lie when they promise to bring their child up in the Catholic faith when they've no intention of setting foot inside the church until the child's communion day?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPudding View Post
Done this 3 times myself. In my defence it was under severe protest.

MrP
Quite a number of people do this and then complain that most of our schools are under the guidance of the CC. It doesn't make sense to me...
Advertisement
18-06-2012, 14:56   #152
MrPudding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splendour View Post
Quite a number of people do this and then complain that most of our schools are under the guidance of the CC. It doesn't make sense to me...
I didn’t do it for schools; my children will never set foot in a catholic school. It will never be recorded in a census. I did it to pacify my mother and my girlfriend’s parents, mostly at my girlfriend’s insistence. Thankfully, with the fourth kid I won and she was not christened. To be honest, if it wasn’t for other religious people being so insistent about the need to infect other people with that religion then we probably would not have this problem. Along with baptism for “school” baptism for “a quiet life” must be well up there in terms of reasons why.

My oldest kid also did her first communion, but that was simply for the having a day with her friends. She has matured in a lovely little atheist.

MrP

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion