Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swarming Starlings

Options
  • 23-02-2010 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Here is a clip I shot yesterday between 5.30pm and 6pm near The High Cross Inn at Moone.Co.Kildare:

Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Angus Og

Never get tired of these. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Well done great video!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Nice video, thanks for posting it. Love watching footage like that.

Saw something quite funny, well I found it funny anyway, in relation to starlings flocking before settling for the night.

It was in Yorkshire and the starlings had been drawing a lot of attention due to their numbers and the amazing show that they were putting on every evening.

A little scrote thought he would ruin it for all the watchers and he had made his way out to being pretty much directly beneath the starlings. The birds started to dip low enmasse and as they got to their lowest point the little scrote set off some bangers.

Well the outcome was it scared the starlings, and what do birds often do when frightened?

They poo. :D

The scrote ended up trudging from the field to get an earful from those watching the birds, as he came closer we all noticed that he was covered in starling poo, and I mean covered, not just a few specks here and there. :D

It was caked onto his hair, face, jacket, and pants.

Best bit was watching him having to get into his car with his coating of poo and driving off, totally crestfallen.

Advertisement