Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fined for displaying the Tricolour

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭marmurr1916

In Dubai they drive around with flags/murals covering the entire back window, but you probably wouldn't get away with that over here either:rolleyes:

Good. Completely obstructing your view out the back window is not safe driving practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭dowlingm

The Tricolour should never be raised at night nor should be placed lower than any other flag in the vicinity especially the EU flag.
    Fixed it for you :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

oisindoyle wrote: »
    I know some drivers have the tricolors to show that they are Irish drivers,who can speak english and have an idea where to go .I have heard a lot of stories recently where the driver has little english and uses the phrase,,"You show I go "
    Yeah, sure! What's stopping any German or Czech, Polish driver from doing the same (showing an Irish flag on his car), you won't know any different until you are in the car and he's calling you comrade! :D:D
    I make the point jokingly but seriously, an Irish flag on a car tells you **** all. In NYC loads of Indian/Pakistani/African drivers have the stars and stripes all over their cars but they are not American ;)
    Taxipete29 wrote: »
    You are quite naive if you think this is true
    Really? I'm quite naive so! I don't give a flying peanut where any taxi driver is from so long as s/he knows how to get me there and won't try to rip me off for doing so! I've gotten cabs in loads of cities around the world, you think I give a damn where the driver is from? He's there to get me from A to B, as quickly and safely as possible, nothing else. I don't want his opinion on politics regurgitated verbatim from the Sun, nor do I want his moaning at me about the number of 'for-en drivurs on da ro-ads bud' :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

dowlingm wrote: »
    Fixed it for you :D;)
    :):D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

busman wrote: »

Practices to avoid :
    17 The National Flag should never be defaced by placing slogans, logos, lettering or pictures of any kind on it, for example at sporting events.

"Davy Keogh says hello"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Taxipete29

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Really? I'm quite naive so! I don't give a flying peanut where any taxi driver is from so long as s/he knows how to get me there and won't try to rip me off for doing so! I've gotten cabs in loads of cities around the world, you think I give a damn where the driver is from? He's there to get me from A to B, as quickly and safely as possible, nothing else. I don't want his opinion on politics regurgitated verbatim from the Sun, nor do I want his moaning at me about the number of 'for-en drivurs on da ro-ads bud' :rolleyes:

My point was that lots of people do care where the driver is from. I have seen many, many people check to make sure I was at least white before they get in the car. I am not saying its right, but it is a reality.

You took my comment personally and you have an issue becuase you obviously think taxi drivers are a lower class to you. You believe your better than them, when clearly your no different to those you chose to mock as you are practicing your own form of bigotry.

Advertisement