Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2's Bono hit by Luas?

Options
  • 18-11-2004 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

I've just been told that Bono was hit by the Luas today. All I can find is this:
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/2004/11/18/story176544.html

but it doesn't name those involved.

Does anyone know if what I've been told is true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Doubt it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

OFDM wrote:
    I've just been told that Bono was hit by the Luas today. All I can find is this:

there was something in the paper today about it, he was talking about the luas and said he was almost hit by one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

other guy: hope he/she is ok

bono: about fecking time!

what the hell is going on with the luas. all I hear is bad things about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

#MEAT# wrote:
    other guy: hope he/she is ok

bono: about fecking time!

what the hell is going on with the luas. all I hear is bad things about it

its not luas' fault people are stupid / ignorant drivers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

I notice that this story of today's Luas crash has been buried - no mention of it on RTE news at all. Mysterious...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

L5 wrote:
    its not luas' fault people are stupid / ignorant drivers

i'm not pointing the finger at anyone. I don't know whos fault it is I just hear storys going around it. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Souperfreak

I agree completely how hard is it to look to see if a train is coming or to not park on the track. Are people so stupid that they can't read a sign or see a BIG PURPLE TRAIN! I don't believe the Luas drivers could be that stupid and purposely hit the people. But I do believe that drivers would cut them off not thinking about the fact that the luas MUST slow down not slam on the brakes lurching the train and all the people forward. Then we would have lawsuits about the drivers! So blame the drivers and stupid F***Ing PEDESTRIANS!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Well if this hasn't decended into crap....

off to transport for you (sorry!)

flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Zaph0d

OFDM wrote:

I've just seen Bono on TV. He was 5,000 miles from Dublin today accompanied by the current US president and three ex-presidents. His alibi is watertight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

One wonders how this rumour started! Maybe we can start a celebreties hit by trams thread!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

You give a man the freedom of the city, and look what bloody happens!!!! tsch! /rolls eyes

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

BrianD wrote:
    One wonders how this rumour started! Maybe we can start a celebreties hit by trams thread!

Or a celebreties we wish were hit by LUAS ..

HMMmmmmm me strapps Mr Turbidy to track .. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Zaph0d wrote:
    I've just seen Bono on TV. He was 5,000 miles from Dublin today accompanied by the current US president and three ex-presidents. His alibi is watertight.

If you were a devote watcher of Alias then you could see right through this.

Bono is a secret agent who was retrieving a dead drop when a counter agent driving a LUAS very slowly passed him by.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I agree totaly about the drivers, the amount of times i've been on the luas and seen drivers just putting out onto the tracks when they're stuck in traffics or crossing the box junction at lights or just staying stationary whilst waiting in a queue for the traffic lights ON THE BLOODY TRAM TRACKS. I have to say irish drivers have to be the worst in the world...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

There has been something like 8 traffic incidents with the LUAS so far. The drivers in Dublin are terrible. It just shows you how many people bother observing the red lights and yellow boxes

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

I think the LUAS has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that Ireland is full of morons who shouldn't be allowed behind the wheel of a car!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I use that junction most mornings and I've always been giving out about idiot drivers in that area. Cars either always just mosey on through the red light or ignore the thatched box. I'm not at all surprised this happened there.

Advertisement