Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathsallagh for sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭John Divney

Wow that's dirt cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Anatom

Hopefully someone will buy it, and soon. I've always enjoyed playing there, even though I'm always wrecked afterwards. I don't think its particularly long on paper, but it did feel like it was!!

Good luck to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Dubflier

Another one bites the dust, hopefully it can pull through like most of the other courses that have gone on the market over the last year or so. I haven't been down for a couple of years but have fond memories of the course and downing a cold one on the veranda with a great view of the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Timbertop

Thank you all for your support. Please note that its business as usual down here at Rathsallagh, an absolutely beautiful morning and already some early rises are out on the course. No matter what happens the course will be open for the 2014 seasons and Membership is €650. Rathsallagh House is also open for business and is not affected by this sale. Thank you all again for your kind words.
    The Rathsallagh GC Team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Superb track, someone give donald trump a buzz there and he can buy this badboy too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭sodbuster77

Great course. Would be a shame to see it go under.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭tigerwood1

there's something special about this place would hate to see it go. fingers crossed must check my lotto numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭shane 007

€1.75 million seems an extraordinary low amount for any golf course. That's only €7k per acre which is much lower than agricultural land.
    Surely, 10 investors with €250k could get together & invest a bit into the club along with the purchase price. I understand it's not that simple, but it would be a hell of lot easier to make a success of a decent club when there is no debt noose round it's neck & I presume the sale price means any new buyers that purchase are not also taking over existing debt or are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

shane 007 wrote: »
    €1.75 million seems an extraordinary low amount for any golf course. That's only €7k per acre which is much lower than agricultural land.
    Surely, 10 investors with €250k could get together & invest a bit into the club along with the purchase price. I understand it's not that simple, but it would be a hell of lot easier to make a success of a decent club when there is no debt noose round it's neck & I presume the sale price means any new buyers that purchase are not also taking over existing debt or are they?

The problem is that us golf nuts see "success" as the club being bought and kept alive. But most investors think with their heads, not hearts.
    If I had 2 million in the bank, a golf club would be the last thing I would consider.

It's an incredibly risky investment and there's no way you would get a decent return on it.
    2 million on deposit would earn you 50-60k interest a year, virtually risk free.
    Not too many golf clubs making that kind of profit, and there's so much risk out there.

If I had 200 million in the bank, it may be worth a punt with the aim of the club breaking even and the hope that the land appreciates in value over time. Make the money that way.

At present, sadly, agricultural land value is the best valuation method.
    And it's less than the going rate due to a few things, but the main one being it would have to be left fallow for a few years to let the chemicals used in golf course maintenance leave the soil.

Depressing stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Paddy1234

Hi All,

Any idea what kind of condition Rathsallagh is at the moment thinking of playing there during the week. Always liked the place.

Cheers

• Advertisement

Hi Paddy
    I know this is a very biased view, but the course is playing well at the moment. We were going to hollow thyne early this month but postponed it now to the end of April so the greens are in great nick etc
    Rathsallagh GC

Hi Paddy
    I know this is a very biased view, but the course is playing well at the moment. We were going to hollow thyne early this month but postponed it now to the end of April so the greens are in great nick etc
    Rathsallagh GC

Thanks for that - if the greens are in good nick that's good enough for me. Always enjoy playing there so I will see you down there soon

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Telecaster58

Paddy1234 wrote: »
    Thanks for that - if the greens are in good nick that's good enough for me. Always enjoy playing there so I will see you down there soon
    Three friends of mine were down on St Patrick's Day and sais it was in terrible condition. Couldn't tell where the fairways ended and the rough began

Three friends of mine were down on St Patrick's Day and sais it was in terrible condition. Couldn't tell where the fairways ended and the rough began

Interesting. Anybody been down here in the last couple of weeks?

Telecaster 58’s comment of the 9th April is over generalised. The Greens for St Patricks weekend were super fast, ask anyone who played the comps that weekend. However on the Monday we had a problem with hairy fairways. In March we would normally cut the fairways on a Friday and again on a Monday, with exception Bank Hol Mondays. We had a very warm weekend over St Pats with a lot of growth. In fact last March mean temperatures were at or above long term averages with the highest for the month from the 15th and 19th March. Consequently when his friends played the course on the 17th it had had 3 to 4 days uncut growth . He might pass on our apologies to his friends for us , but as you can appreciate it was the exceptional growth over the long weekend that caused the problem on the 17th. The Rathsallagh team

I was told today that rathsallagh was sold recently to a local person and is expected to stay open as a golf course, can,t see anything on the net about the sale ???

Yes the sale is complete. The new openers take over in September / October and the course will run as it always has. The new owners intend to make a public statement in the very near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Running Balance

Folks,
    Due to play there at the weekend.
    How is it playing and also what's the club hire for lefties like??

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭thewobbler

Folks,

Cheers

I was in Rathsallagh a fortnight ago and it was glorious.

Some of the bunkers are out of play and some are unplayable, but the tees, fairways and greens were superb.

We played off the whites but they were more like a halfway house between white and yellow.

A stunning course. 18 of us in the society and every man loved it.

Folks,

Cheers

Give the Pro Mick in the Club House a call to rent , call day before 045 403112

• Advertisement

any word yet on membership offers for rathsallagh 2015 ?

No still waiting on the new owners to talk to us about that we are told it will be first week of December for news. A ton of applications in apparently.

No still waiting on the new owners to talk to us about that we are told it will be first week of December for news. A ton of applications in apparently.[/QUOTE
    Would like to join it myself although they will be starting on the the back foot leaving it that late with a lot of other courses having offers out already.

Timbertop wrote: »
    No still waiting on the new owners to talk to us about that we are told it will be first week of December for news. A ton of applications in apparently.

Any memberships offer for 2015 ??? no update of website

Still waiting on news. Hopefully we will know more by end of this month

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

Are the open's still going on Saturdays?

Yes they are you can book them on line

Thanks. What condition is the course in at the moment? Been a while since I have been down

Very good for the time of year right now

• Advertisement

Super. Will get down soon weather dependant

Advertisement