Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuning in Channel 6

Options
  • 30-03-2006 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know the frequency for Channel 6?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Well on my TV it automatically tuned in to the sation i had MTV on..........so i had to tune MTV in again.......

AFAIK it is between MTV and Paramount....sorry but don't know the exact freq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Just The One

Well on my TV it automatically tuned in to the sation i had MTV on..........so i had to tune MTV in again.......

AFAIK it is between MTV and Paramount....sorry but don't know the exact freq

yeah - but can you get it via an ordinary tv aerial on the roof...

I can currently get RTE1/2, TV3, BBC1/2, UTV, Channel4, TG4 via an ordinary tv aerial

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Off the top of my head i would probably say yes........as it is an Irish station.. i would presume it would be available on the normal aerial..

But don't quote me on that...........lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

On any posters that I have seen it says "Exclusively for NTL and Chorus".... so going by that it looks like a cable only channel... which will probably mean that it will be crapola! (City Channel anyone?) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

its supposed to have taken MTVs place on the telly, to get MTV back its between nick/paramount and sky news. its cable only so no areils will work and from the looks of things its mostly repeats and imported stuff though they are supposed to do at least 50% irish product at some stage. heard an interview with a few of the presenters on radio today (think it was today fm) so i know there'll be at least one irish program reviewing films and one pepsi chart show type thing as well.
    apparently theyre going the TG4 route of hiring rides to presents the show, which suits me fine:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Do people even go to the right forums here anymore? We need some order people!

Go Here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭dr zoidberg

Cable only I'm afraid. Not on Sky digital either for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Stupid question, (and I didn't see an answer around on a quick search), but why Channel 6 and not Channel 5?

I presume to avoid confusion with the UK channel 5...?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Stupid question, (and I didn't see an answer around on a quick search), but why Channel 6 and not Channel 5?

I presume to avoid confusion with the UK channel 5...?
    i asked this before and was told rte have a license for another tv channel, which would (technically) be the 5th station. so to avoid any impending rte wrath, they called themselves channel 6

but this is just what i was told

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Isn't Setanta technically the 5th Irish channel?.. and therefore Channel 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,464 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

At least its better than MTV. MTV I had tuned to channel 9 on my tv, and only ever used to watch South Park on it, now it's been relegated back to 15 (after TG4 at 14), it's great, no more flicking through the channels to see stupid cars getting pimped and watching a grown man act like a baby ('It's Bam MaaaarjEraaaaa')

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Moved from AH. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭nuttz

256.000 MHz

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Doesn't seem to be available on analogue Chorus cable in Donegal Town yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

i asked this before and was told rte have a license for another tv channel, which would (technically) be the 5th station. so to avoid any impending rte wrath, they called themselves channel 6

but this is just what i was told

Seems to make sense. Knowing RTFree, they'll be looking for more goodies from the exchequer to subsidise "their" Channel 5, if it ever materialises.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Ruu wrote:
    Do people even go to the right forums here anymore? We need some order people!

Go Here

but it is not available on satellite!!!!

sending unnecessary work my way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ShayHT

Can't get it on cable (Chorus):mad:

Advertisement