Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traditional Rhubarb Tart

Options
  • 08-07-2015 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

When we were young my Mum used to bake a rhubarb tart but unlike the normal variety.
    This tart had a really thick bread type base probably 5-6 mm thick into which the juice of the rhubarb soaked . When cold the base was almost like jelly.The top crust was also thicker than a normal tart.
    Any ideas for a pastry that might be suitable as i am trying to re create this old favourite.:)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I can't say I've ever tasted a rhubarb tart like that but it sounds delicious.

I've moved this into the Cakes & Bakes forum because you're more likely to get helpful replies in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

My nan used to make this. It's kind of a soda bread pastry, much less fat to flour. I would say a self raising flour recipe too maybe. To me it's like a bought pastry, thicker than I make :) Google old fashioned/traditional recipes and look out for one so with a lot less fat and some sort of raising agent.

Advertisement