Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Sean Bateman

lordgoat wrote: »
    See that Armenia are winning, get in. Also Richie Dunne was immense. Possible signing until the youngsters are ready?
    Dunne aint good enough for us
    Quandary wrote: »
    Dunne has always been immense for Ireland but i've never felt he plays to the same level for his club. I think we have 4 centre backs already at Utd who would be quite a bit better than Dunne.

Read between the lines, fellas...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Read between the lines, fellas...

Jog on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Fletcher missed a penalty for Scotland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Dunne would instantly become the best cb at united if he joined.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

ES1694-Johnson-Level-Green-Tinted-Glasses-40-6840-md.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

DOC09UNAM wrote: »

He's not better than Vidic.

mars bar wrote: »

But we don't know, his career up to date is immaterial as he hasn't performed at a top for club :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Killme00 wrote: »
    Please do me a favour and stop quoting Sean Bateman as quoting him undo's the effectiveness of the ignore facility. Thanks

Childish and pathetic. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

But we don't know, his career up to date is immaterial as he hasn't performed at a top for club :pac:
    Lol I can't believe you got someone to bite :D well done sir!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

So far I've claimed that Bebe is a joke, that De Gea's a bad signing, that we should sign Phil Jones, that Wellbeck won't be first choice in the long term and that Shay Given would have been a good temporary solution while we identified the right replacement for EVDS. I've been pilloried for all of the above observations. Now let's look at the latest regarding those observations:
    - Bebe is indeed a joke and was chased out of the place
    - De Gea's amde at least one calamitous error in every game that he's played for United
    - We've signed Phil Jones and he's already being likened to Duncan Edwards
    - Danny Wellbeck's long term role is still uncertain but anyone claiming that he'll be first choice at United in the medium to long term needs their head examined
    - Shay Given has been incredible in every game he's played this season. Tonight he looked like Gordon F..king Banks

You also claimed signing Ashley Young would sicken you, and that he wasn't fit to make the tea at Carrington. Nice to see you mention that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

After this and mitches post the other day you seriously need to bring that sarcasm detector back to the shop :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

The clowns never cease to amaze me with their parochial attitude to anyone who dares to question Fergie or to criticise United players.

Real fans question their team and demand the best. Lemmings and fools defend their club no matter what.

So far I've claimed that Bebe is a joke, that De Gea's a bad signing, that we should sign Phil Jones, that Wellbeck won't be first choice in the long term and that Shay Given would have been a good temporary solution while we identified the right replacement for EVDS. I've been pilloried for all of the above observations. Now let's look at the latest regarding those observations:
    - Bebe is indeed a joke and was chased out of the place
    - De Gea's amde at least one calamitous error in every game that he's played for United
    - We've signed Phil Jones and he's already being likened to Duncan Edwards
    - Danny Wellbeck's long term role is still uncertain but anyone claiming that he'll be first choice at United in the medium to long term needs their head examined
    - Shay Given has been incredible in every game he's played this season. Tonight he looked like Gordon F..king Banks

The naive, ignorant and rude "fans" who think that they own this thread adopt a bizarre superior attitude to anyone who dares to threaten the status quo. Anyone with their own opinion is branded a "troll" or even told to "f..k off and die". There are some good fans within the United forum and quite a few of them have PM'd me and advised me to ignore the clowns. I thank them. As for the clowns who thank each other's ridiculous posts like rabid mongrels and think that they patented love for United, I laugh at your ignorance.

Fergie is indeed not flawless but the majority of the time he gets it right. He has been the best manager in England for a long time now. He has built from the youth system before and gotten off to worse starts than this. We will find out more when we are really tested.

DeGae is no VDS but people are willing to give him more time than others. He hasn't been a revalation but he is filling some big boots and whether you like it or not he needs time to bed in. It cant be easy for a youngster to boss around the likes of Vidic, Rio and generally one of the best defences in the land but I for one am happy to see him start some of the big games so we can find out if he's up to it.

Given was an option but Fergies is going for youth so DDG it is. Time will tell whether he's got it right. DDG did show some improvement against Arsenal but switched off for the goal. Hopefully he will learn from it.

There are enough doom merchants who love to highlight any mistake by any player and request they be cast out. There is a minority who love nothing more than to critisise the club on any point. Finances, American owners, not replacing Scholes etc but here is so much to be positive about this season also. Smalling, Young and Jones have been Fantastic. The doom merchants comment is a generalisation of a minority and not aimed at you Bateman.

The mob mentality and back patting in this thread is laughable. 100% in agreement on that but its easy to ignore. In perspective being the man or one of the lads on an internet thread is nothing to be proud of in the real world.

ShooterSF wrote: »
    After this and mitches post the other day you seriously need to bring that sarcasm detector back to the shop :P

Big time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

My sister downloads books to her laptop in PDF. I much prefer having the real thing in my hand, it's not as sore on the eyes.

Get a kindle so, it uses e-ink. I can't stand reading books on laptops. Anyway United talk, erm Young won me money again tonight wahey.

RasTa wrote: »
    Get a kindle so, it uses e-ink. I can't stand reading books on laptops. Anyway United talk, erm Young won me money again tonight wahey.

Maybe in time. I'd buy 50 - 100 books for the price of a kindle and I'd get more just given to me. Although, sourcing books on the net after buying the kindle would probably work out cheaper in the long run...

Rooney must have stepped off the gas tonight. I hope his toe wasn't bothering him. It looks like all of our lads will be coming back in one piece otherwise so that's good...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Sarah Stone just tweeted this:

Glad to see Ashley Young on the scoresheet for England tonight, now for watching The Wire in bed before tomorrows #LiveAtTheRedcafe on #MUTV

I love her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

What's this mob you all speak of? I wanna be in it.

Also there's loads of circus performers who post on the Utd thread.

Excellent. Some pats on back please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

d22ontour wrote: »
    Childish and pathetic. :o

What is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

adox wrote: »
    What's this mob you all speak of? I wanna be in it.

Also there's loads of circus performers who post on the Utd thread.

Excellent. Some pats on back please.

There's a pat on the back for you son.

Enjoy it.

You've earned it :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2034452/Danny-Welbeck-set-resume-training-Manchester-United-hamstring-injury.html
    Danny Welbeck set to resume training at Manchester United after hamstring injury

Danny Welbeck hopes to make his return from a hamstring injury next week.
    Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson feared the England striker could miss up to six weeks after limping off in the 8-2 win over Arsenal.
    But Welbeck has made a swift recovery and hopes to resume training next week.

They were first to report the Rafaelinjury so let's hope they're right with this one too:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Blatter wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2034452/Danny-Welbeck-set-resume-training-Manchester-United-hamstring-injury.html

They were first to report the Rafaelinjury so let's hope they're right with this one too:)

Brilliant news!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Sarah Stone just tweeted this:

Glad to see Ashley Young on the scoresheet for England tonight, now for watching The Wire in bed before tomorrows #LiveAtTheRedcafe on #MUTV

I love her

:eek:What a beaut! :D

http://www.sarahstone.co.uk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,277 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

It really is great that Welbeck recovering quicker than expected is actually really good news these days. Of course it is always nice to have a fully fit squad, but I really like that a youth team graduate is considered to be really important to the first team - and that his performances merit that (as opposed to a serious decline in our options).

Cleverley looks like he could be heading that way too, which is awesome as well. 3 or 4 (5 or 6 according to some) really exciting prospects in the youth team/reserve team at the moment as well. After something of a drought over the last decade or so, it is great to see the youths really starting to produce some talent for the first team. Doubly pleasing is the fact that for the most part they are proper youth team players, and not just young lads poached from foreign sides (such as Pogba and Petrucci). Keane, Morrison, Tunnicliffe, Welbeck, Cleverley - they are all proper Manchester United boys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

God i don't know what it is about Sarah Stone but whenever i see her i turn into a 10 year old boy again! Hell is even sent her a facebook message that for all intents and purposes was along the lines of "ZOMG YOU'RE PRETTY" (not exact quotation - i think, at least i hope, I was more elequant than that) - and when she "liked" it I was like a f*cking giggiling schoolgirl......why I have just admitted this I do not know......ah well i've typed it all now!!

btw thanks again to nicklauski for the link to nevs book - threw it on the kindle and its a great read thus far! the mans love for the club just screams at you from the get go!

off topic: ps: Mars Bar i can't reccomend the kindle enough - you say you buy 50 -100 books for the price of the kindle? well you could have over a thousand on the kindle pretty much straight away! and its so comfortable to read on! easily the best reader out there!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I hope that is true about Welbeck back in training.

anyone know how Fletcher got on playing for Scotland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

DM-ICE wrote: »

All I know is he missed a penalty. I never really put him down as a penalty taker to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

he was clearly tired but he made some great defensive tracking runs a few times,he saved scotland a couple of times,his distribution was very good,seemed to be much along the lines of the way united have started the season,always looked for a forward pass and was moving to receive(even if he didnt get it back,he looked absolutely shattered and would be surprised to see him start against bolton.

Great article on our finances, however it's pretty, pretty, pretty long

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2011/09/manchester-united-introducing-brand.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Don't have time to read that article, but the Swiss Ramble do great articles on finance in football. The best around. Would definitely be worth a read for anyone who is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭BenK

Interesting article alright. Most depressing bit was, 'In fact, since the Glazers’ arrival, the club has paid out around half a billion pounds for the privilege of having them as owners, either in interest, professional fees or repaying debts.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

:eek:What a beaut! :D

http://www.sarahstone.co.uk/

Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,148 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Meh.

190373_189135401129357_189135197796044_463987_5288972_n.jpg

Better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Don't have time to read that article, but the Swiss Ramble do great articles on finance in football. The best around. Would definitely be worth a read for anyone who is interested.

I've read some very basic and important mistakes in their articles in the past. I would take anything they say with a grain of salt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Manchester-United-boss-Alex-Ferguson-We-didn-t-expect-David-de-Gea-mistakes-and-neither-did-he-article795912.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
    Fergie: We didn't expect De Gea mistakes - and neither did he

Sir Alex Ferguson has admitted he was surprised by David de Gea's errors this season - and so was the young Spaniard.

An £18million summer signing from Atletico Madrid, 20-year-old De Gea has endured a difficult start to life at Manchester United.

Ferguson had to defend the Spain Under-21 star for his performance in the Community Shield at Wembley.

But while an argument on De Gea's behalf could be made over Manchester City's two goals, there was nothing anyone could say to lessen the impact of an error that gifted West Brom an equaliser in the opening game of the season.

Since then, things have got better for De Gea.

He kept a clean sheet against Tottenham on his competitive Old Trafford bow, then contributed an excellent penalty save to the astonishing 8-2 win over Arsenal, even if Theo Walcott's goal did fly through his legs.

Next up are Bolton, who may no longer be quite as abrasive as before under the stewardship of Owen Coyle but, with Kevin Davies leading their attack, are well capable of making life very difficult for De Gea.

"David made a couple of mistakes in his first games, which we didn't expect and nor did he," Ferguson told Inside United.

"It was unusual because his form at Atletico Madrid as an 18-year-old was sensational.

"There is no doubt we have a player of great potential. Our job at this club is to realise that potential and make sure he becomes a top goalkeeper.

"He'll do that once he gains experience and adapts to the physical nature of the league.

"It is a different game here compared to Spain - there are more crosses to deal with and there is more contact. Bit by bit, we will get there with him."

Ferguson's comments could have been made with Bolton in mind.

However the same things might have been said about Javier Hernandez 12 months ago and the little Mexican did not do too badly in his debut season.

Hernandez was among those who did not find the target during that Gunners' destruction.

However, with Danny Welbeck ruled out by a hamstring injury, the 23-year-old seems set to make his first start of the season at the Reebok Stadium. And strike partner Wayne Rooney is among those expecting big things.

"I'm looking forward to him doing the same, if not scoring more goals for us, this season," Rooney told MUTV.

"Of course people know about him now but, if you look at all the top players around the world, people know how they play and it's still difficult to stop them.

"His movement is so good it's difficult to defend against. It won't be easy for players to defend against him whether they know about him or not.

"It's great to have a lad who has just come into the team, who speaks good English and is always smiling."

With a Champions League bow against Benfica looming in Lisbon next week, United changes are inevitable.

Little wonder Ferguson is delighted fellow countryman Darren Fletcher was able to get a couple of appearances under his belt for Scotland - missing a penalty in the win over Lithuania last night - after spending nearly six months recovering from a virus that saw him lose a huge amount of weight.

"It was important for him to get a game," Ferguson told Sky Sports News.

"He was back training with us but the team had started so well so opportunities hadn't arisen for him before he went to play for Scotland.

"The fact that he has gone there and done so well is a major boost for his recovery."

Its amazing to think Welbeck gets injured and we can bring in Chicharito.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Or Berbatov and maybe even Own

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Or Berbatov and maybe even Owen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭parc

uuugh, this international break feels like a whole summer break

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    NO.

De Gea out. Welbeck out. Fergie out.

ooh! That's sarcasm right there!

:D

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    NO.

De Gea out. Welbeck out. Fergie out.

ooh! That's sarcasm right there!

:D
    Did you get the sarcometer fixed? :P

Btw, on the kindle topic, used to do tech service on the phones for them fantastic bit of kit, not much an old hard reboot wouldn't fix :pac:

I'd advise wait till christmas if you do want to get one, afaik they are bringing out a new model, hope it has google maps like the old one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

just watching the road to wembley on sky sports 2 atm, united v barca has to be one the most one sided football matches ever let alone final.

what has fergie done to combat barca's midfield sweet fu*k all, a winger, gk and a few defenders is all he got and we now have over reliance on an average young player in cleverly who's deemed as the savior our cm needs.

We can look good all we want in england and europe but the fact is if we come up against barca we are still well and truly fu*ked imo.

united fans on this thread who fail to relize this need to get there head out of their arses.

cleverly who's deemed as the savior our cm needs.
    Who said that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Btw, on the kindle topic, used to do tech service on the phones for them fantastic bit of kit, not much an old hard reboot wouldn't fix :pac:

I'd advise wait till christmas if you do want to get one, afaik they are bringing out a new model, hope it has google maps like the old one!

From what I've heard the only difference will be itll have colour (but as it's still e-ink it can't be amazing glossy colour) not a huuuuuuge difference!

Anyhoo - great news about welbeck - he has looked really sharp so far this season, if he can get back asap it'll be great for him to keep up the momentum!

The futures bright - The futures Red!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Got my hands on that Neville ebook :)

From what I've heard the only difference will be itll have colour (but as it's still e-ink it can't be amazing glossy colour) not a huuuuuuge difference!

Anyhoo - great news about welbeck - he has looked really sharp so far this season, if he can get back asap it'll be great for him to keep up the momentum!

The futures bright - The futures Red!! :D

Damn paranoid americans, that google maps feature was awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Who said that?

figure of speech but really a lot of people seem to think he's the answer.

• Advertisement

Who said that?

figure of speech but really a lot of people seem to think he's the answer.

No, actually no one said that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement