Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Its obvious to me that Bateman is trolling this board for the hell of it, even a casual look at his posts confirm that.

Consider.

Poster A states an opinion. This opinion generates a lot of negative feedback. Poster A stands by his assertation, and perhaps offers supporting evidence. Feedback is still negative. Poster A tries to explain his opinion in different words, in the hope that there has simply been a misunderstanding. Feedback is still negative. Poster A continues to stand by his opinion, but the topic ends as there is nothing more to say.

Poster B states an opinion. This opinion generates a lot of negative feedback. Poster B repeats his opinion using unnecessary hyperbole. Feedback is negative. Poster B repeats his position, with even greater hyperbole. Feedback is negative. Poster B repeats his position, with even greater hyperbole. Feedback is negative. Poster B repeats his position, with even greater hyperbole. Feedback is negative. The topic ends as there is nothing more to say. Poster B repeats his position, with even greater hyperbole. Feedback is negative.

Now, which poster best reflects Bateman's posting style?

Come on mods, this is internet 101 you know!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Lads/Lassies

This feature completely ignores users even when they are quoted. Basically, they disappear :)

Link http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/26567
    But you need to install this prior to installing the above
    link https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir.../greasemonkey/

It is actually fantastic, makes looking through the LFC superthread way easier!

Btw, I use firefox. Not sure what other browers it works with.

Is there anything for users of Opera? There is a few low level trolls about the place that need to be smacked on Ignore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Is there anything for users of Opera? There is a few low level trolls about the place that need to be smacked on Ignore.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

pot-kettle-black.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

so my thoughts on yesterday -

very poor game, norwich parked the bus and didnt attack for about 50 minutes, up until then they played long ball after long ball.

awful tactics from fergie to go to 3-5-2 with park in CM at HT, it left us wide open and it didnt work. after evans slip, we should have went to 4-4-2....they had 2 great chances directly due to the tactics.

moving to 3-5-2 had the effect only to give them confidence and sit back and then soak up on the attack, which is what they did.

we were lucky to not be 1-0 down when we scored, some miss from pilkington i think it was, from valencias mistake.

scored from a corner, which must have been our 10th or more of the game and then once rio came on, jones to RB, we looked alot more solid, apart from their deflected shot onto the post, which was as much luck for them as it was unluck as the shot was heading wide.

ref and official were awful, im pretty sure the hernandez shot off the bar was not offside and there was one more also, that was poor as well as several 50-50 decisions.

jones probably MOM again, evra good going forward, nani i thought while he gave the ball away a bit, was our only outlet and surprised he came off.

park was really poor and should have been first off, and rooney only got going in bursts.

but norwich played with 10 defenders and morisson up top for long ball, our crazy tactics played into their hands and could have cost us. fergie made alot of mistakes last year and it was only pure luck that we got away with it yesterday.

still, overall considering we had close on 70% of possession i would think and had about 6 great chances, i think on the balance, we just about deserved a win, but our tactics almost cost us.

welbeck was good when he came on, giggs made a slight difference, fletcher took a long time to get going, but overall poor performance.

still though, 3 points is 3 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

you got some weather over there yesterday HJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    complete tools of the ilk of you, Berba and X in the City.

What have i ever done to you Tom?:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

BERBA wrote: »
    What have i ever done to you Tom?:(
    Be born?

n32 wrote: »
    you got some weather over there yesterday HJ

best weather ive ever experienced in manchester, the city was buzzing, every pub packed, shops packed, people every where.....there is one answer to the recession and its the weather! people spend more, more jobs, more money in circulation....

quote of the weekend came from my mother,we were coming into the city and my mother was saying how much things looked different since they lived there and she commented on the area we were travelling through.

she said " this place looks like a right dump?"

my reply "errm, thats man citys ground!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Rio not included in England squad for this weekend. Jones, Young, Rooney and Wellbeck in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Rio not included in England squad for this weekend. Jones, Young, Rooney and Wellbeck in the squad.

Good.

Fabio was called up to the Brazil squad, will his injury rule him out now?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

so my thoughts on yesterday -

very poor game, norwich parked the bus and didnt attack for about 50 minutes, up until then they played long ball after long ball.

awful tactics from fergie to go to 3-5-2 with park in CM at HT, it left us wide open and it didnt work. after evans slip, we should have went to 4-4-2....they had 2 great chances directly due to the tactics.

moving to 3-5-2 had the effect only to give them confidence and sit back and then soak up on the attack, which is what they did.

we were lucky to not be 1-0 down when we scored, some miss from pilkington i think it was, from valencias mistake.

scored from a corner, which must have been our 10th or more of the game and then once rio came on, jones to RB, we looked alot more solid, apart from their deflected shot onto the post, which was as much luck for them as it was unluck as the shot was heading wide.

ref and official were awful, im pretty sure the hernandez shot off the bar was not offside and there was one more also, that was poor as well as several 50-50 decisions.

jones probably MOM again, evra good going forward, nani i thought while he gave the ball away a bit, was our only outlet and surprised he came off.

park was really poor and should have been first off, and rooney only got going in bursts.

but norwich played with 10 defenders and morisson up top for long ball, our crazy tactics played into their hands and could have cost us. fergie made alot of mistakes last year and it was only pure luck that we got away with it yesterday.

still, overall considering we had close on 70% of possession i would think and had about 6 great chances, i think on the balance, we just about deserved a win, but our tactics almost cost us.

welbeck was good when he came on, giggs made a slight difference, fletcher took a long time to get going, but overall poor performance.

still though, 3 points is 3 points.

I wouldn't call what the team did going 352 at all. The team just got more attacking as the time was wearing on. Risky, but as always in those types of games, you have to risk it.

Evans was cack. Their centre forward had joy against him all day. I've lost patience with him now. Whenever he is tested he crumbles. He is woeful in the air and not particularly fast either. He's definitely behind the four other senior centre backs for me.

It's such a pity that we haven't been able to get any pair of centre backs settled yet because of all the injuries. I think we will have trouble there against Liverpool, no matter who we play at this stage. I just hope we don't play Evans so at least there isn't an obvious weak link they can aim for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

most of ye probably heard it and it could have been posted....

Gary Neville commentating on Spurs v Arsenal:
    "I love it when Gareth Bale opens his legs, its such a fantastic sight."

:D i cringed big time during the game lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,824 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

most of ye probably heard it and it could have been posted....

Gary Neville commentating on Spurs v Arsenal:
    "I love it when Gareth Bale opens his legs, its such a fantastic sight."

:D i cringed big time during the game lol

It cause quite the giggle alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Did anyone see Owen's tweets? He said something like half of the squad are affected by some flu. Maybe the reason for sluggish performance? Movement was totally nil and were completely off the pace. (Not excuse, just thought might be the reason)

2 International breaks have come at the right time for us. Last time was when Cleverley and Welbeck were injured so they didn't miss much and now we can have Vidic, Smalling, Cleverley back and also can look back at out previous 3-4 games which we didn't play well.

This time I wouldn't mind 4-4-2 against Liverpool as even they play 4-4-2, so there wont be extra man advantage in the midfield for them (Hopefully)

I would play with this team,
    De Gea

Jones/Smalling Rio Vidic Evra

Fletcher Anderson

Nani Rooney Young

Welbeck

I dont know whether to call our formation as 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1 or 4-2-3-1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Would Vidic & Cleverley be match fit enough to be instant starters? Vidic I suppose is so badly needed its kind of a given is he is fit again. But Tom will fill a very important role and would possibly be too big a risk to be thrown straight in I feel.

Less said about Sat's match the better really, it happens. West Brom last season comes to mind, the difference is they had strikers to take advantage of our mistakes at the back.

Pro. F wrote: »
    I wouldn't call what the team did going 352 at all.

???? where you at the game? we 100% went 3-5-2. valencia was right wing, with park in the middle and nani left wing, that is the way they lined up until rio came on and for me, is the main reason norwich got 3 chances on the break, there was a gaping hole down both flanks.

madness from fergie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

???? where you at the game? we 100% went 3-5-2. valencia was right wing, with park in the middle and nani left wing, that is the way they lined up until rio came on and for me, is the main reason norwich got 3 chances on the break, there was a gaping hole down both flanks.

I think the confusion/difference in opinion on this is due to the fact that we didnt go with 3 centre halves second half. Usually when people hear a team goes 3-5-2 they immediately expect 3 CBs, Wingbacks, 3 MFs and 2 strikers. Valencia was way up the field second half, a good 20 or 30 yards more. Park came in the centre and drifted around the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

she said " this place looks like a right dump?"

my reply "errm, thats man citys ground!"

It is awful around that stadium, its close enough to the city centre yet it looks like a complete dump. Those supports that are on one side of the stadium look awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

I didn't get to see the full match on Saturday (thanks a bunch inconvenient puncture), so only saw the highlights on motd but the one thing that really stuck out for me was the chance that Valencia gave away. I know we all talk about him one-footedness but that was frankly disgraceful on saturday. What on earth was he trying to do stopping a ball coming that direction with his right foot. If he'd swung the left peg at it it would of been fine.

While I admire his adaptability in filling in at RB, I think I'd prefer a youth team lad to play there instead if we still have injuries in the next couple of matches. Hopefully Smalling or Jones can play there against Liverpool though.

• Advertisement

madness from fergie.

Valencia was still tracking back on occasion and Evra was still getting forward (less so). The only thing I agree with you about it is that Park was playing very narrow and cutting in all over the place before he was properly moved there. Calling it a 352 is way too formalised for me and not a good description because it doesn't say anything about the lobsidedness of it. It's the same thing we've seen loads of times before, but usually with Evra's wing.

On the result of it, yeah they got encouragement to counter, but we also got more chances and it made the game more stretched which was exactly what was neaded. I'd rather see the team go out and risk it than let the game carry on like it had been.

On the result of it, yeah they got encouragement to counter, but we also got more chances and it made the game more stretched which was exactly what was neaded. I'd rather see the team go out and risk it than let the game carry on like it had been.

we played right into their hands....dont forget we scored from a corner and at that stage, we should have been 1-0 down. it was pure luck we were 1-0 up when we did, and all of our chances except for hernandezs wrongly called offside, came in the last 23 mins, when norwich had to come out of their shell to attack.

we had 6 decent chances, 5 came after the 67th minute.

we played right into their hands....dont forget we scored from a corner and at that stage, we should have been 1-0 down. it was pure luck we were 1-0 up when we did, and all of our chances except for hernandezs wrongly called offside, came in the last 23 mins, when norwich had to come out of their shell to attack.

we had 6 decent chances, 5 came after the 67th minute.

Yeah you're probably right that the actual through on goal chances didn't coincide with the game being opened up this time. But we were still getting a lot closer than we had been doing. And imo in a match like that the game being opened up was, and always is, a good thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The slick passing that we played in the start of season has seemed to disappear too in last couple of games.

I mean not only was it good to watch, more important it was doing harm to opposition and we seemed be scoring at will from it.

We seemed be sloppy over last number of games and could very easily have lost to Norwich and Basle for bit of luck here or there.

But would have taken you hand off to have only dropped two points going into the international break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

The slick passing that we played in the start of season has seemed to disappear too in last couple of games.

I mean not only was it good to watch, more important it was doing harm to opposition and we seemed be scoring at will from it.

We seemed be sloppy over last number of games and could very easily have lost to Norwich and Basle for bit of luck here or there.

But would have taken you hand off to have only dropped two points going into the international break.

Cleverly Cleverly Cleverly

well ive always maintained the poor opposition we played had as much to do with that as anything else...we were poor at west brom and beat very poor spurs, arsenal and bolton sides, chelsea we werent great.

having been to many games already this year, i dont think our football is any differnt. it can be faster at times, but rooney is in better form than last season, young is a much better player on the left over park and welbeck and jones have improved the team also.

our gap in cm is becoming more and more obvious now that we are facing better teams.
    keane2097 wrote: »

just pure coincidence, we went on to beat bolton 5-0 with him injured after 7 minutes. he wasnt great v west brom and spurs i thought he was average enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,277 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cleverley

well ive always maintained the poor opposition we played had as much to do with that as anything else...we were poor at west brom and beat very poor spurs, arsenal and bolton sides, chelsea we werent great.

having been to many games already this year, i dont think our football is any differnt. it can be faster at times, but rooney is in better form than last season, young is a much better player on the left over park and welbeck and jones have improved the team also.

our gap in cm is becoming more and more obvious now that we are facing better teams.

just pure coincidence, we went on to beat bolton 5-0 with him injured after 7 minutes. he wasnt great v west brom and spurs i thought he was average enough.

You can only beat what is in front of you and while imo our football would still have beaten pretty much all teams in PL at start, I do agree that the CM role has been starting to show up more questions then answers.

I agree with Keane though on Cleverly he cant come back fast enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

What better teams - Basel and Norwich???

His mobility and comfort on the ball are missed. He also links sensationally well with Danny. Thats a little relationship we should nurture as much as possible as it has massive potential. His absence is probably being overstated but he does offer us something a little different and brings the best out of the likes of Welbeck and Ando too.

Once we get a settled back four in place, get Welbeck and Chico fully match fit and hopefully get Cleverly playibg a big part again we will improve. Its unrealisitc to expect us to steamroll teams with stunning football very week. The league is a slog, the mark of champions is to have a few off days and still come out of them with a win and draw. Half the squad was boll*xed with the flu as well apparently.

Things are fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think frankly it's not so much Cleverely that we've missed, but Welbeck.

Our central midfield is weak, no doubt about it, and Cleverely was certainly better in the position that Carrick or Fletcher has been, and furthermore Anderson played better with him in the team, but I think the real problem in the past few games has been due to Welbeck not playing.

He offers just so much more in general play than Hernandez or Owen does. He brings players into the game, holds up the ball and can create.

Hernandez is a cracking player, but very much suited to a situation where the midfield and can supply him with ball. If the midfield isn't performing, he won't perform, simple as. Welbeck can overcome this, hence why in this team I think he needs to be first choice atm.

I'm much, much, more concerned about our defence. Fergie seems to have lost faith in Fabio, picking Valencia ahead of him. The problems with that have been seen over the past two games, with Valencia giving away a penalty and a guilt edged chance. Ferdinand looks nowhere near fit enough. Evans looks a bit dodge. Evra looks ****ing woeful!

I hope Vidic can come back and sort it out, but we knew we were a bit weak in the full back positions when O'Shea was sold, and it's certainly coming to the fore now.

• Advertisement

PHB wrote: »

I hope Vidic can come back and sort it out, but we knew we were a bit weak in the full back positions when O'Shea was sold, and it's certainly coming to the fore now.

Fergie has not mad many mistakes, but this was one of them. A guy like O Shea would bring a lot more calm into the defense right now.

I think it's only now that some people realise how useful it was to have O Shea in squad.

Bolton are abject, Chelolsea put five past them yesterday.

It's how Cleverly gets the team playing, not his individual performances.

When he's playing, the rest of the team buy into this gorgeous, swashbuckling style that makes me actually interested in soccer. When he isn't we're the drab juggernaut we were last season.

Obv I'm judging from a small sample size, but I bet I'm right about how awesome we continue to play once he comes back into the team.

I think frankly it's not so much Cleverely that we've missed, but Welbeck.

Our central midfield is weak, no doubt about it, and Cleverely was certainly better in the position that Carrick or Fletcher has been, and furthermore Anderson played better with him in the team, but I think the real problem in the past few games has been due to Welbeck not playing.

He offers just so much more in general play than Hernandez or Owen does. He brings players into the game, holds up the ball and can create.

Hernandez is a cracking player, but very much suited to a situation where the midfield and can supply him with ball. If the midfield isn't performing, he won't perform, simple as. Welbeck can overcome this, hence why in this team I think he needs to be first choice atm.

I'm much, much, more concerned about our defence. Fergie seems to have lost faith in Fabio, picking Valencia ahead of him. The problems with that have been seen over the past two games, with Valencia giving away a penalty and a guilt edged chance. Ferdinand looks nowhere near fit enough. Evans looks a bit dodge. Evra looks ****ing woeful!

I agree with you re Welbeck vs Chico and said as much at the start of the season. The guy who's the better all round footballer will always fit in better at United and at the moment Danny is that man.

The back four is a bit of a worry, but its been chopped and changed so much that we've not been settled at all back there, as well as having a goalie trying to settle in. Vidic returning will be huge, best defender on the planet for me, and Smalling returning at Rb wil make things much more solid. Agreed that Evra has been shocking. I was disappointed to se JOS leave in the Summer and while I understand Fergie wanting to give Jones and Smalling lots of games, I think he would have been useful to have around the place. Given how sh*t Evra has been and the fact that we have had to play Tony at RB, having JOS around would have been quite nice at the moment.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Besides the obvious that we are missing Vidic, another thing that is overlooked with regards our defense has been the absence of Smalling in the past few games.

Even at RB, I think he has a major influence/presense in the backline. Himself and Jones have a great understanding and one often covers for the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Andersons contribution has dropped considerably also, since the early matches.

I do think we miss Cleverley and I also think Ando may too. We look a much more well oiled machine going forward with him in the team. Theres a fluidity and speed to our play thats been missing the last couple of games and I honestly think, while its not all down to Cleverely being missing, his return will make a big difference.

I know Anderson has been poor the last few games and bordering on lazy at times, but I wonder does he feel much more comfortable with Cleverelt along side him, having a player that can actually pass and move and keep a game moving. Also he is the senior central midfielder when playing with Cleverely too.

I`m not overly worrried about the defence. It does need to settle down personel wise though sooner rather than later.

Welbeck >>>>>>>>>>>> Hernandez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Welbeck >>>>>>>>>>>> Hernandez

Think I'm ready to admit this is true now

People scoffed at the suggestion one or two of us made at the start of the season that Welbeck could overtake Chco in the pecking order, but many are coming to the same conclusion now. Don't get me wrong, Hernandez is amazing and will see plenty game time a nd get a tonne of goals - but Welbeck offers that little bit more in general play than him at the moment. Knowing the kind of lad Chico is, it'll be something he'll be working hard on to improve in his game and he's a the right club to improve. I always loved the way Andy Cole went from being nothing but a finisher when he joined United to being a top class all round forward in the space of a few seasons.

flahavaj wrote: »
    People scoffed at the suggestion one or two of us made at the start of the season that Welbeck could overtake Chco in the pecking order, but many are coming to the same conclusion now. Don't get me wrong, Hernandez is amazing and will see plenty game time a nd get a tonne of goals - but Welbeck offers that little bit more in general play than him at the moment. Knowing the kind of lad Chico is, it'll be something he'll be working hard on to improve in his game and he's a the right club to improve. I always loved the way Andy Cole went from being nothing but a finisher when he joined United to being a top class all round forward in the space of a few seasons.

lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Where has he gone to in the last few weeks???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

adox wrote: »
    Where has he gone to in the last few weeks???

Banned I think , he's always posting in the football betting thread .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

There is a special report on Rooney tonight on SSN.

It's on at 7:30 if anyone is interested!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,277 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Banned I think , he's always posting in the football betting thread .

Just decided he didn't want to be posting here anymore.

Headshot was a funny one. I estimate I agreed completely with him 50% of the time and had absolutely no idea what he was talking about the other 50%.

Nice fellow though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

True, but he wasn't doing a smart interchange of passing with himself :eek:, I jest. We do need him back but still the overall sharpness and conciseness is gone from the United passing in recent games. In saying that, we were unusually sharp considering it was so early in the season. I'll gladly take that form when we really need it, but at least they are getting the points while playing Shyte.

• Advertisement

Just under 3 months now to January Transfer window for more fun and games:pac:..

Seriously though we cant really complain so far only dropped two points all season and while we have yet to play big team away from home, I think we have all been delighted to be in position that we find ourselves.

Still there are few cracks starting to appear and many fans will be out in force once our first defeat comes to pile on the pressure on if we need to buy or drop some players.

I am just little worried that we are starting to perform like we were last season with getting the results, but the performances were not really up to the standard on consistent basis, cause I dont think that will be good enough this year to win PL. Of course United wont play well in every game, but we need be far more consistent this year to think about number 20..

Just hope we dont start letting the standards drift down.

This. He is an absolute quality player. Also when he is playing, not only do we have all that he brings, we also have two central midfielders who are good on the ball rather than one. It will be interesting to see what Cleverly can do when he has to play with Carrick/Fletcher. I'm thinking he will make a much better fist of it than Anderson does.
    We do need him back but still the overall sharpness and conciseness is gone from the United passing in recent games.

Because Cleverly is gone. It's so simple, I don't know why people are always looking for other factors to weigh up when it comes to central midfield other than the quality of the players in there. We passed the ball around better when we had a better passing CM in the team. He left and with Fletcher and Carrick in there we haven't been passing it as well. Simple.

Both Smalling and Jones are much better at fullback than JOS was. We've improved our fullback options considerably since last year. We've got 8 quality squad defenders, three of which can play both fullback and centre back. You have to draw the line somewhere with the number of players you have at the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

This. He is an absolute quality player. Also when he is playing, not only do we have all that he brings, we also have two central midfielders who are good on the ball rather than one. It will be interesting to see what Cleverly can do when he has to play with Carrick/Fletcher. I'm thinking he will make a much better fist of it than Anderson does.

Hilarious to think that he was forced wide right for the u21s for Mancienne to play in the centre at the WC. Still though thats been covered before.

Anderson hasnt shown the same hunger or desire to get on the ball, to pass and move, to do pretty much any of the work that he had been doing so well when playing alongside Cleverley. It will be interesting to see if this form will return when Cleverley does. Let's hope so. It may leave us open at the back but with Vidic coming back and us controlling possession so well in this case it may not matter. Here's to hoping that Cleverley is fit for the pool game along with Vidic and that he is thrown in and tested, putting all of the doubters to bed.

My team to play v Pool

DeOughnut
    -Smalling--Jones--Vidic-Evra
    Nani--Ando----Cleverley-Young

Rooney

Welbz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,338 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

VW 1 wrote: »
    My team to play v Pool

DeOughnut
    -Smalling--Jones--Vidic-Evra
    Nani--Ando----Cleverley-Young

Rooney

Welbz
    That team will be ravaged at Anfield imo. Suarez will have a field day.

Liam O wrote: »
    That team will be ravaged at Anfield imo. Suarez will have a field day.

go on.....explain what is needed different?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement