Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2013 Cooking Club Week 29: Peach Cobbler

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

8ifi9N_thumb.jpg[/URL]

Second attempt - far better! Still surprised about how much the topping rose, but it was light and moist and very tasty. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Just put a slightly scaled down version of this into the oven - glad it's not the full size because peeling peaches is a serious pita. But smells good!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Yar the peeling be a pain! I tried it once just cutting up the peaches with the skin on but they bake with a weird texture then, not as nice.

The hot water trick is handy though, makes it much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

It did, I tried peeling one without soaking it to see, and ended up with much less peach from that one! The cobbler is really good though, thanks.
    Edit: Housemate came home and got the one remaining slice, and said thanks too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

I made this last week and it was a complete hit! :) Very nice dessert. Made it again this weekend using tinned peaches to try it out, and it actually worked really well. I used two tins, drained off the juice and added an extra 0.5tsp of cornflour to make up for the extra remaining juice. I didn't expect it to work out with the tins but it was still lovely!

• Advertisement
Advertisement