Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Restrictions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,901 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Not again :rolleyes:

Thanks for the heads up, lord lucan, although the news came too late for me today unfortunately :(

I'm forewarned for tomorrow though...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Same again tonight.

More restrictions tonight,19.00-07.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I got a text message sent to my work mobile number from SDCC informing me about the water restrictions.

I have absolutely no idea how they got my number though :confused:

Heroditas wrote: »
    I got a text message sent to my work mobile number from SDCC informing me about the water restrictions.

I have absolutely no idea how they got my number though :confused:

Did you possibly supply a contact number when you set up your bin charges a/c?(assuming you use SDCC's refuse collection!)

Or maybe a library a/c?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Water hasn't come back full today. Very low pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭Heroditas

lord lucan wrote: »
    Did you possibly supply a contact number when you set up your bin charges a/c?(assuming you use SDCC's refuse collection!)

Or maybe a library a/c?

Now that you mention it, I might have supplied a number when I told them to eff off and take away their bins when I switched bin companies .... TWO months ago ... and they still haven't taken them away :mad:

Restrictions to continue for the time being it seems. With another blast of bitter weather coming we may see these restrictions for the rest of 2010.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Fortune_Cookie

My water starts to go at around 7pm and doesn't come back till around 8am next morning. Why'd they have to restricted it at night time when people are just coming home from work and need to cook, have showers, etc? Wouldn't it make more sense to restrict it between 9am to 7pm when barely anyone is at home!

My water starts to go at around 7pm and doesn't come back till around 8am next morning. Why'd they have to restricted it at night time when people are just coming home from work and need to cook, have showers, etc? Wouldn't it make more sense to restrict it between 9am to 7pm when barely anyone is at home!

I'd imagine the daytime is when a lot of heavy water usage occurs,such as washing machines,dishwashers and the like. They probably figure there's enough water in a tank to cover showers in the morning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement