Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat X discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Where is Goro on the PSN store? He's there on the Xbox One Marketplace for a fiver and I was trying to buy him all week but he didn't show up. Did anyone else have this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

started putting up content for mk x. Check it out !

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TurboTaco

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

TurboTaco wrote: »

Sick combo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Who are you all maining?

I haven't played much, just story mode and arcade mainly. (as it is garbage online)

Scorpion - started with him, but dont think so.
    Raiden - Maybe, I enjoy his style
    Mileena/kitana - Also having fun with these.

Btw, are there no lobbys with spectator mode?

• Advertisement

How is the online for ps4?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Like how a dog with no nose smells.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Who are you all maining?

I haven't played much, just story mode and arcade mainly. (as it is garbage online)

Scorpion - started with him, but dont think so.
    Raiden - Maybe, I enjoy his style
    Mileena/kitana - Also having fun with these.

Btw, are there no lobbys with spectator mode?

king of the hill matches have spectator mode. You just have to wait until the game that is in progress (when you joined) finishes. If you just want to spectate you can choose AFK (away from keyboard).

Random matches are pointless due to lag but having a few half decent games online when connected to some friends. Overall I find online much worse online than injustice and MK9 and that's saying something. I am starting to lose interest a bit because I learn combos etc offline but online they just don't work. Even inputs for specials and the block button drop. It's very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Online seems pretty terrible, I had to stop playing last night after 5 or 6 matches of horrible lag in a row. Dunno how it is worse than MK9

Hayezer wrote: »
    Online seems pretty terrible, I had to stop playing last night after 5 or 6 matches of horrible lag in a row. Dunno how it is worse than MK9

I think it's combination of increased execution, the wake up system and netcode. Some characters are useless online. I feel like it's dropping inputs. Anyone else getting dropped inputs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

Now this is interesting.

At East Coast Throwdown in California, MKX has replaced USF4 as the final/headline game of the event.

Ultra finally has some competition now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Macal wrote: »
    Now this is interesting.

At East Coast Throwdown in California, MKX has replaced USF4 as the final/headline game of the event.

Ultra finally has some competition now?

They floated brackets and were removed from the CPT, who gives a **** about ECT? :pac: There's no incentive for top players to take the USF4 tournament seriously at ECT this year, no CPT points etc. Why would USF4 be a main finale game given the circumstance?

But to answer your question, nope, USF4 will remain the number one game in terms of entrants/popularity. The organisers of ECT probably just chose to put MKX as the finale, being big fans of the game (LI Joe, etc)

MKX is still in the honeymoon phase. The game will die out if the netcode/matchmaking isn't fixed. SF is so big because it has a feasible way to improve at the game outside of tournaments, etc. The online and matchmaking are realistic and proven ways to stay good at the game and level up.

Ramza wrote: »
    They floated brackets and were removed from the CPT, who gives a **** about ECT? :pac: There's no incentive for top players to take the USF4 tournament seriously at ECT this year, no CPT points etc. Why would USF4 be a main finale game given the circumstance?

But to answer your question, nope, USF4 will remain the number one game in terms of entrants/popularity. The organisers of ECT probably just chose to put MKX as the finale, being big fans of the game (LI Joe, etc)

MKX is still in the honeymoon phase. The game will die out if the netcode/matchmaking isn't fixed.

Ah, forgot about the bracket floating and them being pulled from CPT from last year. Makes more sense now.

MK X will always have it's dedicated fanbase til the next NRS but yes solid online is essential, especially in the era of current gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Yeah, shady stuff with the bracket floating nonsense. I'm not hating on MK at all in fact I'm a fan of the MK games but merely speaking from a non biased perspective that MKX seriously needs to get the netcode/matchmaking fixed ASAP, in this day and age it's a necessity for it to grow and stay relevant.

I have been having so much fun with this game.

I have decide to make playlists on the characters i make videos for as it is easier to navigate through the videos.

Here is my kung lao playlist so far !

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9qvT80AJYTDOa0xYT8hl6YsQxnYpzr45

So the new Russian DLC is not included in the season pass. Whole new level of greedy bastards. 90 euro not enough for them!

So the new Russian DLC is not included in the season pass. Whole new level of greedy bastards. 90 euro not enough for them!

I was shocked when I saw that myself. Scandalous!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,702 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You bought a "Season Pass", they already figured you for suckers. :pac:

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    You bought a "Season Pass", they already figured you for suckers. :pac:

Have no problem buying the pack, or any form of DLC for any game. Principle, though. Shouldn't have to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,975 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Pretty certain they tell you in advance exactly what the Season Pass gets you. Not sure why you're surprised.

Pretty certain they tell you in advance exactly what the Season Pass gets you. Not sure why you're surprised.

It's not really so much that I'm shocked or surprised that it isn't in the Season Pass alone, but more or less the fact that if they were going to bring out DLC like this, separately, it makes getting a Season Pass half redundant. I always saw a Season Pass as a full up-front payment of any future DLC that is released. The DLC that MKX is fishing out is mostly costume packs/skins and one extra character. I don't see how the Kold War pack needs to be seperated from it, but yet they managed to include the Samurai Pack in it.

In other words, you could say that my reaction to this DLC being Paid-DLC and not part of the Season Pass is rather delayed. :P

Usually season passes includes all DLC. They said what was included. What they did not say was that they would release other content outside of the season pass.

I declare shenanigans.

I just found this article.

http://www.destructoid.com/the-false-advertising-of-mortal-kombat-s-kombat-pack-292515.phtml

TL:DR - Apparently, Warner Bros. Interactive said that the Kombat Pack is not a "Season Pass" and was never advertised as one.

And after reading it twice, I realized they really did make it sound like it was a Season Pass when they advertised it.
    Usually season passes includes all DLC. They said what was included. What they did not say was that they would release other content outside of the season pass.

I declare shenanigans.

Sorry I didn't even acknowledge your comment before editing this, but that's just what I was trying to say as well and I agree.

I just found this article.

http://www.destructoid.com/the-false-advertising-of-mortal-kombat-s-kombat-pack-292515.phtml

TL:DR - Apparently, Warner Bros. Interactive said that the Kombat Pack is not a "Season Pass" and was never advertised as one.

And after reading it twice, I realized they really did make it sound like it was a Season Pass when they advertised it.

Sorry I didn't even acknowledge your comment but that's just what I was trying to say as well and I agree.

Also with injustice and MK9 it included everything and it was 30 notes after all. Well I paid 20 but still.

Also with injustice and MK9 it included everything and it was 30 notes after all. Well I paid 20 but still.

Exactly. I don't know what WB were expecting people to think when they advertised the Kombat Pack in the first place. It's like half a Season Pass. I say they'll release some stupid thing in the near future that will allow players to purchase every single piece of DLC at once... when people like me just buys it all as it releases so I'm already a chump for giving them money :pac:

MKX: Komplete Edition in 2016. I hate this generation, I really do :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,975 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

It didn't include everything for Injustice.

Martian Manhunter and Zatanna had to be purchased separately as did costume DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

if you care so much for the stuff buy the ultimate edition when it goes on sale next year :pac:

I think people assumed this since Warner Bros have in recent history used season passes on most of their other titles, like Batman Arkham Origins/Knight and Shadow Of Mordor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

picked it up on steam for cheap...wow people weren't lying about the netcode

Advertisement