Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who's buying Oxegen tickets tomorrow?

• 17-02-2005 1:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭

Just thinkin, if this sells out really fast they won't have to sign any other good bands to play.

And I'm broke.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

yeah it's so sh1te and would only happen in this country. there is no reason for them to sell them this early other than to make more money by signing less bands.

don't be surprised if the singer from The Killers or David Grohl stuck in freak storms on the night either.

Bowie and White Stripes pulling out 2 years in a row. bollo><.

if everyone waited, they would have to sign and publish a full, high standard lineup. maybe even publish the times they are playing before the event :rolleyes:

think this year is going to be sh1t tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭ShakyJ

Im deffo going to get one. Even though some dudes pull out or what ever, its still been a deadly time every year ive gone. Anyway i think its cool as its not just always about the big names in music at Oxegen. Gives you a good chance to see up and coming bands before they make it big. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I probably would buy one if I wasn't broke.
    I need to buy food, and beer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

if i wasn't so damn poor and unorganised i'd be getting tickets...
    why are they onsale so early! i need time to save my pennies!! (and bully friends into going...)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Definitely going to Oxegen this year. I'm going on holiday this summer so I badly need something to look forward to.

Ah it should be a jolly good old weekend. C'mon with ''Kasabian Man!'' playing and a whole weekend of boozing :) , consumption of illegal substances :) , pulling a few members of the opposite sex :) , what more could you want? :D

How long do you guys think it will be before tickets sell out? I'm taking no chances after the U2/Ticketmaster/MCD fiasco so I'm purchasing my tickets at 9 bells tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭ShakyJ

How long do you guys think it will be before tickets sell out? I'm taking no chances after the U2/Ticketmaster/MCD fiasco so I'm purchasing my tickets at 9 bells tomorrow.

cant see them going as fast as the U2 tickets man. Be a few weeks id say b4 they fully go. Anyway lot of people get paid at the end of the month and they go on sale tomorrow so some will wait till pay day. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Jonathan_Benn

With money in the bag so early, they can use it for other purposes: pay off bills early, invest it elsewhere (other gigs, banks, capital etc) or just sweeten up their balance sheet with it in hand. Shameless bastards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Does anyone know more on the line up - specifically for each day?
    I'm really only interested in seeing Kasabian and a few other bands.. couldnt give a toss about the headliners (sick to death of the Foos and Prodigy).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Ok cut the conspiracy theories. Festivals do not work that way.

If oxegen were to sell out tomorrow(which is very unlikely) theyd still need to ensure a good lineup for the name of the festival. Not to mention 90% of the artists will be booked already. They are just releasing the names in bursts to keep people interested... its marketing.

Think about it logically. Bands do tours and festival circuits across the globe. They need to be booked months in advance. They arent going to sit on their arse and wait to see the pickup on the ticket sales and then if no one buys them try and book a big name at the last minute. Any artist approached with that little lead time is going to demand a LOT because they know they could. Consider that Glastonbury sells out each year before bands are announced that doesnt mean they dont hire anyone to play.

Face facts the line up is going to be the same as T in the park with minor if any variations.

As for the tickets Im pretty sure the tickets wont sell out this side of May. They will probably sell out quicker than last year as people are getting panicy but the majority of oxegen festival goers are not on their own income. This means they are at the whim of saving and their parents to get tickets. This is precisely why MCD has the hype machine going. A new band announced every couple of weeks so the kids will remember "oh i need to save money / harrass mom".

If your going get your ticket as soon as you can afford it. If you are holding out for more lineup announcements look at the t in the park announced lineup and assume your going to see that + a fairly decent selection of smaller bands who are doing festival tours around then.

EDIT: just noticed that T in the park has sold out and efestivals.co.uk have an article on the oxegen tickets so you could be looking at a fair few english and northern irish people interested in oxegen. I cant really say if it will be a significant amount though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

ok ok

if they guarantee sunshine i'll go!

*mail sent to MCD

went to witnness/oxegen every year and last year was ruined by the rain. makes such a difference. even the year witnness was swamped, the sun came out and dried the place up good and proppa!

don't get the Kasabian hype myself, think their bloody awful but i'm sure theyll confirm some quality once they get a few quid from the early birds.

i just noticed 80,000 * 130 = 10,400,000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Toast wrote:
    EDIT: just noticed that T in the park has sold out and efestivals.co.uk have an article on the oxegen tickets so you could be looking at a fair few english and northern irish people interested in oxegen. I cant really say if it will be a significant amount though.
    For some reason a lot of UK festivals sell out quite quickly - Glastonbury, Reading and now T-in-Park. Doesn't seem to effect Oxegen that much yet thankfully. Sales are generally even slower across Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Junebug

I bought my 2 day camping today at the Sound Cellar (Nassau St) for €131.00 that's a saving of nearly €20 on the Ticketbastard price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

Junebug wrote:
    I bought my 2 day camping today at the Sound Cellar (Nassau St) for €131.00 that's a saving of nearly €20 on the Ticketbastard price.
    wow thats really good! will have to do my shopping there in future,im sick of the rip off prices!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

Awwww I'm so jealous!! I'm going to Canada for the summer and yeah that'll be amazing but still, Oxegen is a totally unmissable, it's gonna be like skipping my birthday, or skipping new year or Christmas!!

If I was gonna be in Ireland, nothing would stop me from not going... If i didn't have the money I'd rob a bank... If I had to work that weekend I'd quit my job....

It's a bloody amazing weekend, I absolutely love the atmosphere. It makes the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Junebug wrote:

WTF! Why are they so much cheaper? I paid frickin' 147 from Ticketbaxtard. Grrrrrrrrrr :mad: I wan't a refund!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jslattery1

Junebug wrote:

Nicone thanks for that i am going to buy them today.....

Advertisement