Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a song - The Fish

Options
  • 25-06-2014 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

About 10 years ago, I heard a fella sing a song in a pub down in Cork. I think he called it "The Fish".

As far as I remember its about a fella who catches a crab and has some trouble with it. Among other things I think he kept it in a bucket and his wife got up in the middle of the night to go use the bucket (as a loo) and it bit her in the ass.

Maybe, twas just the porter, but t'was very funny on the night. I've always said I'd love to get the lyrics of it but I have failed in my search over the years.

I know it's a long shot - But does it ring a bell with anyone....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Evenstevens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭BnB

Evenstevens...... You are a life saver. Thank you so so much. That had bugged my brain for years and years.

There is a version of it here... http://mudcat.org/thread.cfm?threadid=123881 that a chap called Johnny Connors apparently used to sing which I think may have been the version that I heard.

Thanks again - You're a star. Must try and learn it now

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Evenstevens

No worries. Just a google search! Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭BnB

Well you're obviously a better googler than me. I've been googling it for years... Thanks again

Advertisement