Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kyosho fazer problem!!!!!!!

Options
  • 31-12-2008 2:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

hi bout 1 or 2 weeks ago my fazer was running perfect but i went to take it out on stephens day and today and the problem is when i start it it starts fine sometimes and others it stops in bout 2-3 secs and when i have it started fine when i rev or try to drive it it just shuts off please help i have cleaned out the muffler and replaced the glow plug whats wrong please help im only a kid!!!!!!!!!!!
    by the way i have a kyosho fazer pureten GP with a GX-15 engine
    wb asap!!!!!!!
    thanks 010.gif

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Aaaah ... the reliability of electric power ....... only the "old hands" appreciate it! (sighs ) :-)

You must now enter the world of learning how to get your nitro engine tuned correctly.
    In this case your nitro engine car has a mistuned carburettor, or the glowplug is "tired" and needs replacing, probably both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

It can be caused by the weather, you need to adjust the HSN to make the fuel air mixture richen it or lean it.
    What does it sound like? [like its angry (high pitched) or a gurgle]
    Is it getting to hot?
    Is it cutting out when you try to rev it a little and what does it sound like when you rev it?
    Is their smoke?

How to know if the glowplug needs replacing:

Normal situation:
    The engine starts as usual. Then you wait the 8 - 10 seconds for it to warm up, before taking off the glowstart. Now you rev up above idle to "fast idle" speed, and then remove the glowstart.
    The engine reduces it's revs by about 5%.
    that's ok.

But if the engine reduces it's revs by 10% your glowplug is getting near the end of it's life. If you have not already done so, get a spare now.

And next time when you remove the glowstart, your engine is likely to quit. Now you should take the spare one you got yesterday, and instal it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 dj-kyosho

its like a gurgle
    yes it gets really hot
    when i pull the trigger on the controller its cuts out and its like a gurgle
    not much smoke

You're supposed to have it set rich to prevent overheating.
    If it sounds as you describe, then it is somewhat rich. ( but your description is a bit vague, so we can't be completely sure)
    Assuming it is rich, it should not be too hot !!!!

So if you have it already set rich and it's still getting too hot .... something is wrong? It's one of these: the fuel, the glowplug, or your carb setting. You have to spot what is not right and adjust it.

Fuel:
    How much nitro does your fuel have? You should be using low nitro fuel to run it in. For Kyoshos 5% nitro is suitable, 10% nitro is easier start and easier to overheat, 16% nitro would be "very high" it starts easy but very very easy to overheat/seize new engine (high nitro fuel suits new buggy/monster truck/pro racing engines).

Glowplug:
    You should be using medium glowplugs for 5% fuel, and cool glowplugs for 10% and 16% nitro fuel. On inspection the filament heating coil should not be sticking out of, or pushed down inside the glowplug, and it's final coil should be flush with the lowermost edge of the glowplug.

Carb Setting:
    Usually 3 turns screwed out, counting from completely screwed in. You may have to screw this out another 1/4 turn to cool it down if temp is the problem.

Hope this helps. (But where is the place you got it from? Helping customers is supposed to be their job.)

Detailed engine tuning info here: http://uk.geocities.com/norm_flyer/runnin-in.htm
    and here: http://www.greenhobbymodel.com/faq.htm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Cr125r

How long you have the car??
    Did you break the car in correctly????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Zombie thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 xaris

So I have a buggy kyosho and I changed batteries everywhere and buggy and the remote control and gives no signal ie I press the remote throttle and does nothing .... who knows...

Advertisement