Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connect PC to TV HDMI problem

Options
  • 31-08-2014 5:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭

I'm currently connecting my PC to my TV to mirror online streams on my TV whenever I want, and thats all working fine. Having connected it with HDMI I have to manually unplug this to throw the audio back to my PC, and the default audio becomes the PC Speakers, plugging the HDMI in again and the HDMI Sound through the TV then becomes the default.

My query is, is there a better way to switch this without having to plug in and out the leads? I tried a HDMI switcher that I thought might work but when I switch, it still remains on the HDMI output as it never really turns 'off'.

Is there any sort of remote sensor that goes in between the HDMI lead and the connection, or anything similar to this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Go into audio settings and bring up playback devices, right click on the device and select 'set as default'.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Yes I've done that, but it won't switch between them unless one of them is turned off i.e. the HDMI cable unplugged from TV. I want to be able to switch between them without having to do this.

Advertisement