Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spirit motor group

• 29-08-2014 1:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭

First time posting in the motoring section so please tell me if I'm in the wrong place.

Had a minor collision a few days ago due to a brake malfunction. I have left the car in with this crowd to be repaired and was quoted a price that I was willing to pay . I was wondering what they are like in terms of efficiency and reliability . They told me it would be done on Wednesday next week and after an email was told the part needed was in back order and would now be finished on the Friday . I haven't seen many reviews but have read a post where the person was told they were sent the wrong parts leading to a long delay . Like most people they want there car back asap but this delay is giving me the feeling that it could take a lot longer than I'd like. Any input would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭mailforkev

I don't know about repairs but I get our Volvo serviced by them in Sandyford and they've always been good. Decent customer service beforehand and good communication during and after.

Not the cheapest though, but I think that's a Volvo trait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

Thanks for your input . I just can't find the right feedback online to reassure myself. Its my first car so maybe I'm expecting things to happen a lot quicker than they usually do for these type of things .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,490 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Having been in business for so long in Dun Laoghaire as JPS Motors, I found it interesting that they chose to rename themselves when they moved to Sandyford.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭moonship

I fixed there my jaguar i found them quick and proffessional but very expensive

Thanks for the replies. I wasn't aware that they changed their name. In regards to their prices I was quoted a hefty bill but i knew volvo's weren't cheap to maintain or repair. I expect the best possible service for the price I'm paying but couldn't find any definitive testimonials to reassure myself that i was getting the best service.

If anyone else has had positive experiences with these please share them with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Thanks for the replies. I wasn't aware that they changed their name. In regards to their prices I was quoted a hefty bill but i knew volvo's weren't cheap to maintain or repair. I expect the best possible service for the price I'm paying but couldn't find any definitive testimonials to reassure myself that i was getting the best service.

If anyone else has had positive experiences with these please share them with me.

Is it just the positive stories you want? Because I have a couple about this place that will scare the sh1te out of you.

Joke :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

We've bought our V50 there and were absolutely pleased with the customer service.
    They'll obviously be pricey in terms of service and repairs, but that's Volvo for ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

I've dealt with them personally and professionally and would consider them to be a straight up, well run organisation.

I appreciate all the replies. I'm glad to hear the positive feedback as well , I feel a little more reassured now. If people are curious as to what happened the brakes seized up in mid traffic. Luckily i wasnt travelling at a great speed because if I was on the motorway id probably be another statistic. Quite scary when you think about it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭markpb

The Garda ERU Volvos are serviced (or could be repaired) there so I assume they're up to scratch.

• Advertisement

From the sound of it they seen quite reliable. If the garda use them then thats another bit of reassurance for me. Hopefully they come through on Friday . Thanks for the help I can see myself being a regular on this forum .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭goochy

Spirit took over jps motors but are not same company owners of jps now each run petersens and first choice autos

Thanks for the info , I hope it all goes well and get my car back on Friday like they said I would. I'll let you guys know what my experience has been like with them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I've used them for service and repair work. Very nice premises and a good location. You pay top dollar for getting anything done.

I stopped using them after a very scary incident however. Got a regular service done on a Volvo and mentioned about a noise coming from a particular wheel. Got the car back after service and the noise was still there. Brought the car to my local indy garage and he took one look at it and said the breaks pads on the back need changing. Thankfully I still had the paperwork from the service which stated the breaks as being checked. I went straight back to Spirit and with a fair bit of embarrassment on their side, put the issue right.

As said, I haven't used them since and wouldn't recommend them either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

markpb wrote: »
    The Garda ERU Volvos are serviced (or could be repaired) there so I assume they're up to scratch.

Probably just means their tender was the lowest received.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,490 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Probably just means their tender was the lowest received.

+1 That's all it means. It's not like anyone asks the Gardai who drive the vehicles where they'd like to get them serviced.

Advertisement