Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Zone Valves Interchangeable

Options
  • 02-10-2013 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I have Drayton Zone Valves on my CH, and they are proving to be far from reliable (there are two springs on each actuator arm, and on every single actuator one of the spring anchor points is broken). I'm thinking of changing over to a different type, I just need to know if I go for another brand will it have the same overall dimensions (flange to flange, if you know what I mean, so that I don't have to modify the pipework).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Froststop

youtheman wrote: »
    Folks,

I have Drayton Zone Valves on my CH, and they are proving to be far from reliable (there are two springs on each actuator arm, and on every single actuator one of the spring anchor points is broken). I'm thinking of changing over to a different type, I just need to know if I go for another brand will it have the same overall dimensions (flange to flange, if you know what I mean, so that I don't have to modify the pipework).

All zone valves can give problems from time to time. Myson are most popular and my be worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭youtheman

Froststop wrote: »
    All zone valves can give problems from time to time. Myson are most popular and my be worth a try.

But are they are 'like for like' fit ?.

Most are, but measure the valve body and check against new ones to be sure.
    You may find there are very slight difference in lengths. If you measure from the inner of the threads across the body of the valve to the thread end on the other end and you won't be too far off the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,730 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Lengths can be similar but the main issue I find is threads are different. So you can't take off one valve and always expect the old nut to work on the new valve

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭freddyuk

You should not install a valve which does not have separate actuator body? If you can remove the actuator then you need to get the same brand. They are different. Danfoss are easy to repair in my experience.

• Advertisement

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Lengths can be similar but the main issue I find is threads are different. So you can't take off one valve and always expect the old nut to work on the new valve

Good point, I have come across it on occasion.

Advertisement