Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Luas Fine

• 27-11-2012 2:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

So I got a letter off Veoila today saying that I've to pay a fine for not presenting a valid ticket, but I don't use the luas and I haven't for ages, and I definitely didn't use it on the day the fine was issued.
    Somebody gave my name and address, well they tried to give my address, they gave them the wrong house number, the letter still managed to make it to my house though.

I rang Veolia and they said to send the letter back to them, with me explaining the situation on the back.

Has this happened to anyone? When I send the letter back to them, is it finished with?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

It sounds like a genuine mistake on their part. For your own records, make a copy of the letter, take note of when you called and who you spoke with. If possible, ask them to confirm in writing that the letter and fine has been cancelled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭CIE

Seems to be a lot of threads titled "Luas fine", such as this recent one. Is Luas ever dandy? or ever both fine and dandy...?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

So I got a letter off Veoila today.......

Why why why ? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭MacConmheadha

Lapin wrote: »

Why why why ? :(

Why what? Does people using "so" at the start of a sentence wreck your head?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

That's rediculous. Heh.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Why what? Does people using "so" at the start of a sentence wreck your head?

It "does", but it also undermines the value of the rest of your post no matter how valid you think it might be. Without wishing to sound like a grammar nazi, I just feel your post might be taken more seriously if it didn't begin with a nonsense word.

As for your query, if someone else is passing themselves off as you in an attempt to avoid paying a fine, they are commiting an offence.

Report it to the Gardaí and ask them to contact Veolia to assertain where and when the fine was issued. Even if this doesn't result in them being able to identify the culprit, Veolia will see that you have taken appropiate steps to convince them that it wasn't you and more than likely drop their attempts to get you to pay the fine.

Advertisement