Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost to get construction drawings done up?

Options
  • 31-08-2014 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Anyone know how much approx. it would cost to get construction drawings done up for a renovation and extension project. Renovation in on a house 1800sq. foot and extension is 1000 sq.foot.

Also presumably it is an engineer who would do this but what type of engineer?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭RITwing

€7-10k + VAT @ 23%
    Must be an architect , engineer , or surveyor.
    Send thanks to Phil hogan , somewhere in Brussels.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Sarah3

RITwing wrote: »
    €7-10k + VAT @ 23%
    Must be an architect , engineer , or surveyor.
    Send thanks to Phil hogan , somewhere in Brussels.

Would it seriously be that much. I have design plans already and got planning permission but now want to get a set of construction drawings done up so I can put build out to tender and get on with build.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sarah3 wrote: »
    Would it seriously be that much.

Probably...and I'd say that's average!

@Sarah3. Who drew up your design plans for you and can they not carry the project forward?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Sarah3

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Probably...and I'd say that's average!

@Sarah3. Who drew up your design plans for you and can they not carry the project forward?

We had an engineer draw up plans and he was supposed to draw up construction drawings to send out with tender docs but what he sent out was little more than design plans. Feedback from builders is they cant adequately quote. One builder came back with a quote that we thought was ridiculous but when we rang him, he said he had to come in high as the detail wasn't given. The engineer seems permanently uncontactable so we are on the verge of firing him and so we are trying to decide do we stick with his design and get someone else to do construction drawings and supervise build or completely start from scratch, probably putting us back another 9 months.

Sarah as your extension is more than 40m2 the costs are affected by new building control regulations

Edit

Anybody posting compartitive costs of what they paid for similar will not be posting like for like unless they have had appointed an Assisgned Designer and Assigned Certifier under SI 9 2014 which took affect 1st March this year.

• Advertisement

More on costs here

Advertisement