Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

46a to Phoneix Park - Farmleigh

Options
  • 20-08-2014 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

I have to get from Stillorgan to Farmleigh - I was going to get the 46a since it goes to the Park, but which stop is the closest to Farmleigh? Route

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

The 46A will leave you at Infirmary road, which is the last stop. That's the closest to the park it goes, and that's as near as it will get to Farmleigh. You'll have to walk from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

how long do you reckon from last stop to Farmleigh?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

the 37 will get you closest to Farmleigh, it starts at Baggot St, so the 46a should cross it's route in the city centre
    if you've a transfer 90 ticket it'll cost the same as the 46a ( or maybe even less)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

Farmleigh is so far from Stillorgan is might as well be in North Country Dublin!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

OP, since neither Stillorgan nor Castleknock are in Dublin County North, this is not the right forum for your question. As Castleknock is your destination, I'm moving this into the Dublin 15 forum.
    The 37 bus would seem to be the way to go, unless someone who knows the area has a better suggestion.
    http://www.farmleigh.ie/visitorinformation/gettingtofarmleigh/

Moved from Dublin County North.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Paulw wrote: »
    The 46A will leave you at Infirmary road, which is the last stop. That's the closest to the park it goes, and that's as near as it will get to Farmleigh. You'll have to walk from there.

That is a bit of a walk all right

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

cjmcork wrote: »
    I have to get from Stillorgan to Farmleigh - I was going to get the 46a since it goes to the Park, but which stop is the closest to Farmleigh? Route

Yep the 37 is the best bet. get off the 46A at leeson Street and catch the 37 to the Castleknock gate. Cross over to the other side of the road once inside the park and you will see a path that takes you over towards the Ordinance Survey. turn right and Farmleigh is in front of you. About a ten minute stroll through the park from the bus stop :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,558 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

OP - here is the walk from the 37 bus (ask the driver to drop you at the Castleknock Gate) to Farmleigh.

http://goo.gl/maps/VaEiA

As pointed out above, get off the 46a at the last stop on Lower Leeson Street and switch to the 37 there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Or get off the 46a on the North Circular, where they cross over for a stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭septictank

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Or get off the 46a on the North Circular, where they cross over for a stop.

Still leaves you a much longer walk about an extra 2k, take the 37.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,558 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

septictank wrote: »
    Still leaves you a much longer walk about an extra 2k, take the 37.

She means switch to the 37 on the NCR st Hanlon's Corner.

Advertisement