Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fiddle lessons needed South Mayo

Options
  • 05-09-2010 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I have been playing the fiddle for a couple of years mainly self-taught and have been unsuccesful in finding a private tutor in recent months. I had been planning on attending the forcoming Mayo music school starting next week in Kiltimagh but now cannot commit to it at this stage. All I am after is one or 2 lessons a week preferably on a flexible basis within reasonable travelling distance from the holy city of Knock.Claremorris, Kiltimagh, Ballyhaunis, Kilkelly, Charlestown, eg. Does anyone have any knowledge please? Many thanks for reading this. Sorry- just realised this should have gone in lessons/teachers thread. Searched that and no teachers in Mayo posting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Ray Noble

Thought I may as well be the first to reply to my own thread. I am now considering paying for online violin lessons. I have been using Paul McNevin's book up to now.I have come up with a big zero on any music teachers teaching violin listed anywhere in Co. Mayo. Is it something to do with the obsession with country music or am I just being cynical? I also met a chap last night who lives not far away who is also struggling to find a violin teacher for his daughter. I have seen on t'internet something called "violin master pro", an online tutor by the violinist with "The Manhattan String Quartet" Eric Lewis. It's quite a cheap package and is mainly classicaly slanted which is not a bad thing. Does anyone have any knowledge of this and can advise if it is any good please?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Ray Noble

Nearly 4 yrs later and still teaching myself. I would still like a teacher particularly in classical music. Don't bother with Violin Master Pro- absolute rubbish and waste of money. I am using Eta Cohen Violin Method-excellent series with CDs. Also don't bother with Mayo Academy of Musical Excellence. I recently contacted them using their online form and also rang them a week later after no reply. No reply to tel call message too. Mayo Academy of Music way too expensive. Close to 900 euro for a year. Maybe someone will read this and it will help someone else.

Advertisement