Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whensmybus.ie - dependable?

Options
  • 07-10-2013 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭

Is this website dependable? I've put in a few different stops and I'm getting mixed results.

Moate (AIB Bank) 15067 - No arrivals or departures (the SMS service gives the same) but there is a 20 due in less than 2 hours.

Sligo (Bus Station) - 8 arrivals in the next 4 hours, but only 1 departure?

Lucan (Spa Hotel) 13446 - Showing Set Down Only buses as departures

Mullingar (Rail Station) 13578 - No departures at all showing, only 2 arrivals in the next 3 hours.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

No, it seems to be worse than it used to be.

Bus Eireann have started putting different codes for the stops on either side of the road and a number of buses get incorrectly assigned to the stop on the other side.

Buses running more than 30 minutes late often disappear from the listing long before arriving.

And hired buses don't display on the list reliably. Don't expect them to be tracked, but they should appear on the schedule at least with a footnoted estimate i.e with the asterisk as before.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,285 ✭✭✭✭Victor

n97 mini wrote: »
    Lucan (Spa Hotel) 13446 - Showing Set Down Only buses as departures
    My experience has been that the data for those stops is confused.

Advertisement