Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judicial Separation query

Options
  • 21-11-2014 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,

Just received other half's affidavit re Judicial Separation as it's a total work of fiction, most of which I can prove.

Is there a penalty for submitting papers to the courts which appear to be deliberately designed to mislead the court?

Will be giving details to solicitor but every time I think we're getting somewhere this type of thing comes up so personally I feel it's a delay tactic but would be good to know if they can at least give a warning to stop this happening again.

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

Yes your solicitor can deal with it and should query it. Could have an order for costs made against him/her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Are we talking means or welfare or both ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 LifeIsStrange

On welfare but works part time, denies there's any work at all - he wants maintenance off me.

Was on legal aid but somehow found enough to cover solicitor, only good thing about that lie is that it speeds things up.

Even if you didn't know him I can't believe a barrister would sign off on it as there are inconsistencies and incorrect details throughout on issues that would be on his file e.g. previous court hearings. In some cases where the same issue is addressed in more than one application there are different answers to the same question.

All new to me but has left me wondering if this is a deliberate strategy and hoping that if he's pulled up on it he'll realise you can't just do as you want with courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wuzziwig

Is he working off the books? Would it be very hard to prove if he is?

Do you have kids?

Advertisement