Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tel Aviv Race Riots

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

xflyer wrote: »
    As usual the anti semites are out in force and people wonder why Israel takes such a hard line.

There is almost no other country that would have a thread like this set up to highlight something happening there. The level of hatred aimed at the Jews in general and Israel in particular really is sickening.

The outstanding irony of this thread is the fact that it concerns racism in Israel. This again gives the opportunity for the anti Jewish racists to vent their predjudice.

Meanwhile in the neighbouring country people are being slaughtered daily by their government but that's OK, they're killers are not Jewish.

anti israel =/= anti semite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

As usual the anti semites are out in force and people wonder why Israel takes such a hard line.

There is almost no other country that would have a thread like this set up to highlight something happening there. The level of hatred aimed at the Jews in general and Israel in particular really is sickening.

The outstanding irony of this thread is the fact that it concerns racism in Israel. This again gives the opportunity for the anti Jewish racists to vent their predjudice.

Meanwhile in the neighbouring country people are being slaughtered daily by their government but that's OK, they're killers are not Jewish.
    Very well put and I agree. Of course racism should be confronted everywhere, but day in day out there are racist demonstrations and attacks all over europe and not a word is mentioned about them, but give the anti semites any stick at all and they will happily and with gusto aattack Israel, utterly sickening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭brimal

Ok here's one for you: Pro-Israel =/= Israel bot or paid by Israel state

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

In fairness there has been a lot of generalisations in this thread that most people in Israel are racist, based purely on what they read in an article. There are racists everywhere, but people are using this as an excuse to have a go at all of Israel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

wes wrote: »

Peace plan still being ignored by Israel from 2002. Also, peace deals with both Egypt and Jordan.

I'm sure the Israelis would be more than happy to go along with this peace deal if some of the countries who brokered it relinquish their determination to wipe out the State. I think Egypt, and to a lesser extent Jordan, will do more in the coming years, the former has been very progressive of late.
    Nodin wrote: »
    You realise that the settlements are all in the areas governed by Fatah/PLO? That its Israel acting outside its international borders in these areas?

Hey, who's got the US backed military might here? Until such time as the minority of Palestinians stop launching rockets at rightful Jewish settlements, then I think Israel has the right to build up a buffer of sorts.

Because Israelis are a bunch of stubborn b*stards, now's about time for Palestinians to denounce terrorism, move away from radicalism, give peace a go, thus taking the upper hand when it comes to bargaining and force Israel to make rightful concessions to them. /dreamland

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

donvito99 wrote: »

Hey, who's got the US backed military might here? Until such time as the minority of Palestinians stop launching rockets at rightful Jewish settlements, then I think Israel has the right to build up a buffer of sorts.

All settlements outside Israels borders are illegal. You might think that countries should be able to expand and contract its borders as they please, but a few millenia of that has convinced the majority of the planet otherwise.

You don't seem too well aware of where Gaza, Israel and the West Bank are in relation to each other.
    Because Israelis are a bunch of stubborn b*stards, now's about time for Palestinians to denounce terrorism, move away from radicalism, give peace a go, thus taking the upper hand when it comes to bargaining and force Israel to make rightful concessions to them. /dreamland

Like Fatah have done? The "upper hand" doesn't seem to have appeared.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

never thought israel would be the place for race riots just look at how they treat their neighbours..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Stop flattering her!
    Having most certainly now come out of the whacky-liberal schooling system in this country, which quite openly favours Palestine in all things holy-land related, I now sympathise with the Israelis.

Seeing as all their chums in the Middle East want to exterminate them (where have we seen that before...), why bother negotiating with them. Tell Hamas and the boys, we'll give you food, take down our walls, allow you to get on with your lives, so long as you tell Iran, Syria, and the rest of them, to STFU and leave us alone. Then you can live with us. We have the guns, missiles etc. Its in Israel's interest to maintain the status quo.

While I accept that, like in NI, its up to the ruling, occupying party to start sorting things out, I don't accept that anyone who cohorts with terrorists or commit terrorist acts have the right to sit down with a quasi-legitimate power and expect anything. Mc Guinness and Adams didn't bring guns into the Good Friday agreement, Hamas would.

Are you aware of the fact that it was the zionists who arrived from Europe with the intention of wiping Palestine off the map?

That the zionists brought terrorism to Palelstine?

That it was the foreign zionists who attacked the native Palestinian population, ethnicly cleansing them from their homes?

That it is Israel that continues its ethnic cleansing policy in occupied East Jerusalem and the West Bank?

That it is Israel that has illegally annexed East Jerusalem and the Golan Heights?

That it is Israel that is starving the people of Gaza?

That it was Israel that helped set up Hamas to cause a split within the Palestinian leadership?
    As usual the anti semites are out in force

Go read up on what a semite is before you come on here again spouting crap that you haven't a clue about. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

As usual the anti semites.....

Stopped taking you seriously on this matter right there. Most reasonable Israelis and Jews have abandoned using that slur due its utter debasement by those who invoke anti-Semitism in an attempt to stifle any, and all, criticism of the state of Israel.

I'd like to add that - anti Israeli fascist nut jobs =/= anti Israel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

brimal wrote: »
    Ok here's one for you: Pro-Israel =/= Israel bot or paid by Israel state

i never claimed that.

to be honest, i don't think anyone here would stand face to face with makikomi and claim that he's being paid by the israeli state. mainly cos he'd kick the crap out of you.

• Advertisement

Zebra3 wrote: »

Go read up on what a semite is before you come on here again spouting crap that you haven't a clue about. :rolleyes:

Save it for the cross burning, Adolf. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I'm sure the Israelis would be more than happy to go along with this peace deal if some of the countries who brokered it relinquish their determination to wipe out the State.

I am sorry, but the fact of a peace offer, shows that they clearly aren't looking to destroy Israel. Seriously, making such a claim even after being shown that you are wrong is nothing short of laughable. You haven't a notion what you on about, and are completely unable to address any facts presented to you.

The offer is 10 years old and still on the table, and Israel has ignored it. There still expanding outside there borders and destroying any chance of a 2 state solution. Why you pretend Israel violence doesn't exists as well, is rather bizare. You either don't have a clue, or are purposefully pretending that Israeli settlers who engage in daily violence don't exist, or perhaps you support Israels violence.
    I think Egypt, and to a lesser extent Jordan, will do more in the coming years, the former has been very progressive of late.

Ironically, both Jordan and Egypt have both had wars with Israel in the past and are now at peace.

For the last 10 years there has been a peace offer from the entire Arab league, but despite this fact, you still insist that there out to destroy Israel. Peace deal have worked in the past, so why not this latest one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Save it for the cross burning, Adolf. :rolleyes:

Do you wanna explain your clueless comment? :rolleyes:

Peace deal have worked in the past, so why not this latest one?

Oh, I dunno. Perhaps because Iran is hellbent on going nuclear?

Its countries like Egypt and Jordan, the less wacky ones in the region, who need to sort out their Islamist partner's aggressive affairs if Israel are to sign up now to inevitable eradication.

If the Faroe Islands, Wales, and the Isle of Man wanted to wipe us of the map, you can be sure that I'd/we'd get the US to jump on our backs with military support. (They launch rockets from Cardiff, we launch missiles. etc) If Iceland intended to go nuclear, and Britain offered peace, no way would we sign up. :pac:

Yeah, just like Iraq was...... Amazing that you believe the exact same lie from the exact same people to tried to peddle it last time.

The peace offer is an Arab league one. Nothing to do with Iran either way. The fact that you can't tell the difference, show you don't have a damn clue what your talking about.
    Its countries like Egypt and Jordan, the less wacky ones in the region, who need to sort out their Islamist partner's aggressive affairs if Israel are to sign up now to inevitable eradication.

What the hell are you talking about. Iran has nothing to do with Israel stealing land outside there borders. The Arab league has nothing to do with Iran. FFS, most of the Arab league aren't fans of Iran themselves. Again, you lack of knowledge of the region is truly amazing. Seriously, making peace contingent of Egypt and Jordan stopping a non-existence Iranian nuclear weapons program and there similarly non-existent "aggressive affairs" is absurd.

Even if what you said was true, surely making peace with every other country in the Middle East, would weaken Iran positions. Surely simple common sense would dictate, having a single enemy is far better than having several of them.
    If the Faroe Islands, Wales, and the Isle of Man wanted to wipe us of the map, you can be sure that I'd/we'd get the US to jump on our backs with military support. (They launch rockets from Cardiff, we launch missiles. etc) If Iceland intended to go nuclear, and Britain offered peace, no way would we sign up. :pac:

You complete lack of knowledge is breath taking. Truly breath taking. Amazing, that you have once again ignored Israel's own violence in your absurd and nonsenscial example. For your example to work, we would have to be engaged in a program of ethnic cleansing against Wales, the Isle of Man and the Faroe Islands, and to be actively stealing there land on a daily basis, as well as having Irish settlers engage in daily attacks, while the Irish military protects them. Of course, as you have clearly shown, facts or reality don't mean a thing to you.

Also, you example is utterly ridiculous. Iceland and Britain are 2 seperate countries. Saying that a peace deal offered should be refused, because Iceland is apparently making threats, is really rather silly. Why should Britain have to stop Iceland? There 2 seperate countries. Also, making peace with one advesary, would make things a lot easier, as you would only have to deal with one and not 2. Seriously, I am really impressed at the level of utter nonsense you have come up with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Is it not the case that Iran hasn't said they want Israel wiped off the map, but Israel has said it about Iran? I thought that had come up before.

And Egypt is about to get an extremist Islamic government. Don't count on them asking for reasoned discussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

You'd have a point if before the thread had broken the two page mark the OP had managed to confuse the two and refer to "the Jews"....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78926786&postcount=30

Ironically enough the above post was thanked by Domo.... who then went on to thank your post above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Have to laugh at the photo of the man on his knees in Levinsky Park.

Last time the words Levinsky and on your knees got used together Bill Clinton nearly got the sack ;)

Just a few days earlier the prime minister, Binyamin Netanyahu, had warned that a flood of "illegal infiltrators" was threatening Israel's identity.

This cnut really does not get irony.

Yeah, just like Iraq was...... Amazing that you believe the exact same lie from the exact same people to tried to peddle it last time.

The peace offer is an Arab league one. Nothing to do with Iran either way. The fact that you can't tell the difference, show you don't have a damn clue what your talking about.

What the hell are you talking about. Iran has nothing to do with Israel stealing land outside there borders. The Arab league has nothing to do with Iran. FFS, most of the Arab league aren't fans of Iran themselves. Again, you lack of knowledge of the region is truly amazing. Seriously, making peace contingent of Egypt and Jordan stopping a non-existence Iranian nuclear weapons program and there similarly non-existent "aggressive affairs" is absurd.

Even if what you said was true, surely making peace with every other country in the Middle East, would weaken Iran positions. Surely simple common sense would dictate, having a single enemy is far better than having several of them.

You complete lack of knowledge is breath taking. Truly breath taking. Amazing, that you have once again ignored Israel's own violence in your absurd and nonsenscial example. For your example to work, we would have to be engaged in a program of ethnic cleansing against Wales, the Isle of Man and the Faroe Islands, and to be actively stealing there land on a daily basis, as well as having Irish settlers engage in daily attacks, while the Irish military protects them. Of course, as you have clearly shown, facts or reality don't mean a thing to you.

Also, you example is utterly ridiculous. Iceland and Britain are 2 seperate countries. Saying that a peace deal offered should be refused, because Iceland is apparently making threats, is really rather silly. Why should Britain have to stop Iceland? There 2 seperate countries. Also, making peace with one advesary, would make things a lot easier, as you would only have to deal with one and not 2. Seriously, I am really impressed at the level of utter nonsense you have come up with.

tl;dr

tl;dr

At least you have essentially admitted to not having a clue ;). Also, 6 short paragraphs, are too much to read.......... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Sergeant wrote: »
    I'm in no way condoning these actions, but always find it unusual that Israel appears to be held-up to a level of scrutiny around here that other countries don't. I didn't see a thread being started about the over 3000 human rights abuse cases that Amnesty International reported as taking place in Cuba last year, or the massacres taking place in Uganda each day, or the continuing government oppression of freedom movements in Laos and Vietnam.

Because those countries aren't in the Eurovision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Nulty wrote: »
    Because those countries aren't in the Eurovision.

This is true, they're not in the Euros either, or the Champions League. People really need to get with the fecking programme around here. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Pretty interesting video, it's in Hebrew but it shows quite clearly what's going on anyway.

Rightwing Israelis bring Sudanese refugees to posh Tel Aviv pool

Right wing activist Michael Ben Ari gave Israel's smug leftist elites some food for thought Monday when he led 40 Sudanese into Tel Aviv's Gordon Pool, a favorite watering hole for the city's posh set

They intended to show the Israeli leftists' hypocrisy, demanding that Africans be allowed to live in Tel Aviv, when they know that their own neighborhoods are not the ones that have to absorb the population.

....amazing how everybody in the "posh set" in a tel aviv hotel is suddenly a "liberal" and "leftist". Bit like somebody making a film called "Raving Zionist" by going over, kicking some orthodox jewish fella in the shins and then recording the reaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

biko wrote: »
    Pretty interesting video, it's in Hebrew but it shows quite clearly what's going on anyway.

Good old nimby-ism. It's world-wide.

tl;dr

Your lack of knowledge is become ever more apparent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Right, I've deleted several posts that were just getting personal. Stick to the topic in the OP and don't go wandering off on tangents.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Border-Rat

tl;dr

Perhaps Politics.ie is more to your liking then, where the average reply is comprised of 5-8 words and moderators reel in people who don't toe the TV3 line (Cochranes mission of earning an extra Euro) with text-speak.

But aye, wes clearly won that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭brimal

Border-Rat wrote: »
    Perhaps Politics.ie is more to your liking then, where the average reply is comprised of 5-8 words and moderators reel in people who don't toe the TV3 line (Cochranes mission of earning an extra Euro) with text-speak.

But aye, wes clearly won that one.

Excellent contribution to the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Border-Rat

brimal wrote: »
    Excellent contribution to the thread.

Its certainly a step up from tl:dr.

I kinda get the feeling that if Iranians were singling out Africans in downtown Tehran, it would get headline attention across the Western media board.

Incredible that Neten-yahoo lectures European Governments on alleged bigotry while having this take place. As if it was something new, Jewish bigotry against non-Jews in the region has been going on for decades.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement